• This topic has 22 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by hora.
Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Noisy neighbours – advice now please
  • TandemJeremy
    Free Member

A bunch of the neighbours ( I assume) have been having a barbecue on the shared garden out the back of my building. They are still being a bit noisy and its now nearly midnight. It doesn’t happen often.

Do I:

Ignore it and shut the windows?
    Shout down to them to please shut up (I live in the attic and would have to shout loudly)
    Go down and politely ask them to shut up
    Call the cops?

druidh
    Free Member

For a one-off? I’d let it go.

druidh
    Free Member

Are you just jealous you didn’t get an invitation?

druidh
    Free Member

Have you checked the stair-well yet?

Gary_C

Take beer,run downstairs,out into garden,shouting….PAAAARRRRRRTTTTAYYY!!!!!!!!!!

(In best Frank Gallagher styleee)

colnagokid

as druidh, if its uncommon…you might have a party one day!
    or pop down and join them?

RichPenny
    Free Member

Option 1 for me. Midnight isn’t really that late. Revert to option 3 if it happens on a regular basis, or just get to know them and get an invite 🙂

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Ta.
    I’ll take option 1 then

tankslapper
    Free Member

wee in their shoes?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

From 30m up?

colnagokid

telescopic site fitted-30m no problem! 😉

zokes
    Free Member

You could do some serious damage with a pair of bombers from that height! 😉

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Depends.

If they’ve been there for a while, let it go. No point falling out with established neighbours.

If they’ve just moved in, kill them. you want to establish your authority over the upstart bastards.

Pretty reasonable approach, I’d say.

eldridge
    Free Member

Ear plugs + BOSE noise-cancelling over-ear headphones.

Without this combo I would now be serving time for the murder of my neighbours and their effing effing effing effing effing barking effing effine barking effing dog

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Stuartie – I don’t know who they are – the communal green is overlooked by about 120 flats.

Perhaps I should just kill them on the off chance? I have enough stuff here for some fairly effective napalm type bombs 🙂

stuartie_c
    Free Member

I’m thinking along the same lines with regard to my new neighbours who have just moved in as tenants to the super-duper house next door. So far they have caused no trouble whatsoever, BUT:

– they have a dog. A great big stupid-looking hound of a thing.
    – he drives a van
    – he has a neck thicker than his shaved head
    – they both smoke
    – they have tattoos (probably)

It’s almost as if someone has distilled all my prejudices into human form and put them into the house next door. I predict a riot.

colnagokid

stuartie-c, have you not noticed every super-dooper house or even more so on super dooper ‘executive’ estates, almost every house has a van outside!
    Oh and do you new neighbours have a ‘dog d’bordeau’ its the latest thing dontcha know

dyna-ti

Put up those shelves you were meaning to.
    You know the ones,the shelves you were going to put up on the wall opposite their bedroom.
    Best start that job nice and early 😉 .

I think the law states you can start at 9am
    Nothing like a handheld planer at 9am 😈

project
    Free Member

Tandem Jeremy, i feel your concern,got a family opposite, they scream inscesently all night, ,shout and are just noisy.

A few years ago had a neighbour who every morning at 06,15, am would stand outside my first floor window,and talk to her mate, about her husbands/freinds,neighbours, latest operation,who`d died,had a baby,lost there job,got maried etc etc.Found out she was old and a compulsive smoker, and the local shop opened early.

One day there was an ambulance came screaming down the road, and stopped just ouside, looked out of the window and there was the old biddy lying on the floor, shed been run over by the local paper delivery company,while lighting a fag behind his van, the driver reversed,into her, he didnt kill her,just knocked her over,thankfully they took her to a care home after, oh and what peace i had for the next few months.

thelegsdontwork
    Free Member

New guy moved across the road, and one that’s been here a while, both park their vans outside MY house! (At different times, obviously.) And the new one starts cutting stone with a power saw at kiddies’ bedtime.

hora
    Free Member

It is Summer, you’d come across badly if you complained. Abit darned if you, darned if you dont.

Old grumpy Victor Mildrew that I live with was getting abit shirty last night over the neighbours kids playing in their garden still at 10pm. I explained to her how badly it would come across to everyone (inc. me).

Previously shes had a go at people (and Ive gone and apologised to them!). Sheesh.

trailmonkey

they have a dog. A great big stupid-looking hound of a thing.
    – he drives a van

That’s one talented dog.

hora
    Free Member

Why not hang your speakers out of the window and play your back catalogue of Stalins speeches on the history of Communism loudly to them? This would involve 1 hour of Stalin talking and 6hours of repeated Klashnikov firing..

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Noisy neighbours – advice now please’ is closed to new replies.