Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Nobby Nics a bit fragile?
  • stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

My mate has just got a Sonder Signal which he’s loving but on its second proper outing he got a pinch flat resulting in two holes in the rear tyre, one near the bead and another near the centre. It’s a 29er and the tyre was an Addix soft version, can’t remember the other details. We manage to plug it with tubeless worms but is the tyre goose now?

johnw1984
    Free Member

Probably just unlucky.

I had one on the rear until I sliced the sidewall in the lakes. I also did the exact same thing (in the exact same place!) to a DD Maxxis Aggressor though.

I’d quite like another though to pair with a Hans Dampf at the front as it was a nice all-round combo.

BadlyWiredDog

I suspect it depends on the casing and how hard / smooth your mate rides. Schwalbe changed all the names recently, but whatever the basic one is, erm, Super Ground I think, is a bit fragile on rocky stuff at full sus speeds. I nailed a basic Rock Razor in the Peak first ride out without being super aggressive. The Super Trail version, which has tougher sidewalls without being a full-on downhill casing, is more robust ime.

Your other option might be an instert, Rimpact or similar.

You can likely fix the tyre with mushroom patches btw.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.