Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Nobblies run inside out as slicks . . .
  • Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

Is this possible, . . or am i being daft?

allthegear
    Free Member

If you try, pleeeease video yourself blowing the tyres up…

Rachel

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Epic fail potential

Try it.
    What could possibly go wrong ?

And don’t forget to make sure the logos are lined up with the valves.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

And don’t forget to make sure the logos are lined up with the valves.

I’ll scrawl some on with correction fluid – ‘SickSlicks’ and Do not inflate!

Trimix
    Free Member

Ive been tempted, i cant think of a reason it would not work. Give it a go and tell us.

uplink
    Free Member

Please do it

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

I’d be stunned if the beads would seat, but go ahead and try. You must video the event though

handyman
    Free Member

Go on put it on you tube as you fit and inflate the tyre and if that works ride it,the following events will cheer me up but if you do live you could become very rich selling reversalble tyres

molgrips
    Free Member

Well there’s no chance of the tyres staying on because the bead is on the outside.. but even if by some miracle they do stay on they’ll wear away in no time since there’s no rubber to protect the canvas…

RealMan
    Free Member

I’m thinking the knobly bits would cause pinch punctures in the tube, so you’d have to run it tubeless. Also for extra comedic effect too.

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Oh molgrips, why did you have to go and spoil it! I mean don’t listen to the haterz Whathaveisaidnow, plough your own furrow, on Youtube 🙂
    Although it might wear pretty quickly I wonder how it will “go”. Split around the crown of the tyre with the greatest wear? Lots of rim tape might help it stay on by preventing the bead from falling into the well…

DT78
    Free Member

I reckon you’ll have a much better chance of getting it to work if you try tubeless with lots of gunk and a compressor 🙂

wwaswas

I think you’d have to paint the sealant on the outside, it won’t stick to the nobbles too well.

noteeth
    Free Member

You’d be better-off running the inner tubes as slicks…

molgrips
    Free Member

Although it might wear pretty quickly I wonder how it will “go”

It won’t even seat.

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Now, you see, I think it probably will, at least it won’t instantly blow off. Almost considering giving it a go, think I have a rim and a couple of tyres to try. Specialized Nimbus may defeat the object though 🙂

coffeeking
    Free Member

Listen to molgrips, don’t waste 10 minutes trying. If it did miraculously seat it would roll off on the first corner. Why wouldn’t you just buy £20 worth of cheapo slicks?

tinribz
    Free Member

This thread reminds me of an office debate where I had to convince someone MTB tyres were not solid rubber. Where you get home and wonder who the daft one is, and start to doubt they weren’t just winding you up.

flashes
    Free Member

innertubes as slicks, brill, think of the weight saving and again what could possibly go wrong…

yossarian
    Free Member

I’ve used inner tubes covered in gaffer tape a number of times, works fine on the road.

RealMan
    Free Member

What tyres for turning inside out..

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Nobblies run inside out as slicks . . .’ is closed to new replies.