Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • No wonder Tesco Christmas cards are cheap 😳
  • DezB
    Free Member

I was, of course, attributing that attitude to you as you well know

I seriously doubt that he does…

BoardinBob

I’m slightly suspicious that only one note has come to light

I’m with you on this.

Not excusing the Chinese and everything that happens out there but I reckon this is fake.

dannyh
    Free Member

Not excusing the Chinese and everything that happens out there but I reckon this is fake.

I have a suspicion you may be correct. Doesn’t stop the general thrust of the story, though.

It may turn out to be one of those ‘deeper fakes’ initiated by the Chinese. If it turns out to be so, lots of people will consciously and subconsciously refer to it when genuine stories come out.

nick1962
    Free Member

but I reckon this is fake.

+1 Writing’s better than mine!
    Yeah more likely written by a warehouse worker on a zero hours contract in Doncaster.
    @kerley-it’s the hypocrisy in capitalism’s relentless quest for the lowest bottom line I find really puzzling 😉 And we’re all complict.

CountZero

@andrewreay – it’s interesting that your response was to point the finger only at Apple, whereas I pointed out that those Foxconn factories, which employ something like 400,000 people, and where the suicide rate, as pointed out in the article to which you linked, is comparable to the host country, China, also make electronic devices for practically every major consumer electronics company, like Samsung, LG, Toshiba, etc.
    Perhaps you’d like to consider the wider picture of the pressure placed on employees making all of the products that I’m pretty certain that you own, even if you don’t have any Apple products, and which makes you, personally, just as much a contributor as everyone else.
    Don’t try to absolve yourself from any involvement, unless you can prove that you have never, ever, owned anything by any company that is likely to have been made in any of the numerous factories owned by Foxconn.

daveylad
    Free Member

BooHoo. they have a job, paid or not, I get cheap stuff. Win Win as far as Im concerned.

AD

Stay classy troll boy.

dannyh
    Free Member

BooHoo. they have a job, paid or not, I get cheap stuff. Win Win as far as Im concerned.

Tedious **** is tedious. Move along, don’t feed the troll.

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘No wonder Tesco Christmas cards are cheap 😳’ is closed to new replies.