Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • No tubes fitting tips.
  • cakefacesmallblock

Having listened to and read about fors and againsts, I’m about to set my wheels up with a Stan’s no tubes kit. I’m fitting my folding XC pros to Mavic 317 rims. Anyone any helpful advice other than the instructions / videos from Stans. Am I going to get away with a track pump or definately need co2 as has been suggested ?

Ta !

devs
    Free Member

Top tip. Don’t use XC Pros. Find your fave Maxxis equivalent and use that!

cakefacesmallblock

Is that because of compound or profile ? Had considered mud X. Just used to the xc pro now, good, bad or indifferent, at least I know what to expect when they let go !
    To be truthful, the whole shall I stay with tubes or not thing, is that apart from changing tyres when they are worn out, I run xc pro f+r in winter and xc pro front and smallblock rear in summer. Just works for me and I’m not getting tyres on and off rims very often apart from punctures.

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

Mud X will be fine and you should be able to get them up with a track pump , but XC Pros , like all panaracer tyres seem to have a slack bead and Stans website always used to not recommend them . They are the only tyre I have been unable to get to work tubeless .

MarkN
    Free Member

Maxis and Bontrager have been found to be okay here. I have some el cheapos that I have yet to try.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘No tubes fitting tips.’ is closed to new replies.