• This topic has 82 replies, 40 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by DrJ.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 83 total)
  • No Response from STW
  • frankconway

Emailed subs@singletrackworld.com on 6th Jan; no response.
    Mods, Chipps, Mark – get someone to pull their finger out.

scotroutes

I heard the Subs team are moonlighting for Superstar

tomhoward

I think its fair that you discount a Sunday, no? Have you tried ringing the office? its only a small team of er, 1 i think, so any number of reasons as to why they might not have replied.

DickBarton

Were you emailing about the banner ads, the new classifieds or the Cookie policy?

Assuming you tried subs@ as no response from elsewhere either…

Kryton57

Were you ordering spam from Estonia by any chance?

MoreCashThanDash

Press 1 for banner ads
    Press 2 for the new classifieds
    Press 3 for cookie policy.

For any other whinges, please hold, and a member of our team will be with you shortly

mikewsmith
    Free Member

They are just busy

frankconway

@tomhoward maybe the people’s republic of Tod are taking an extended festive break or are aligned with the Russian orthodox church; who knows?
    I used the contact email address as shown on the website in the (not unrealistic?) expectation of a response within 2 working days.

andyrm
    Free Member

So a less than 1 working day response time? Some re-evaluation of expectations is required I think.

tomhoward

who knows?

or reasonable things like they’ve got a backlog of queries from said festive break, or sickness, or holiday, or sarky made up stuff.
    Do you expect a response at 10/11pm? Did you inform them of the urgency/that you needed a response within a specified time period?

Drac

Like others have said it’s post xmas period the subs team is 1.

If it’s urgent call Main switchboard: 01706 813344

tomhoward

Plus, check your junk mail, I’ve had stuff go in there.

funkmasterp

Start a thread complaining about it and also ask if you can have some free coffee.

wallop

I emailed them months ago to ask if was ok to use the stw logo for the Strava running club and never received a response 😕 Not even to say ‘no’.

lowey

They have a switchboard ?

wwaswas

this is the classifieds complaints teams one:

old style switchboard

Trimix
    Free Member

I emailed them a few months ago, got no response so I gave up. It wasn’t important enough to ring up for, but a no / yes or holding email would have been nice.

Mister-P
    Free Member

Complaints

A member of the STW complaints team recently

jimmy

Mods, Chipps, Mark – get someone to pull their finger out.

Maybe a please?

wallop

I don’t know – do they?

avdave2

They would have got back to you but were worried about invading your privacy, it’s important to them you know.

franksinatra

#prayforfrankconway

scuttler

Holy crap does no one ever ring anyone up anymore? Surely it’s hardly HMRC levels of labyrinthine call centre hell….

Ring someone up = know they’ve heard what you want
    Email = drop the message down a black hole

antigee

seem to recall a quote “emails are for old people” as an “older person” who finds it handy to fire off (thud…its dead) an email in a minute rather than wait many many many many many minutes for my call to be valued do find a significant number of organisations ignore emails…STW towers probably only responds to sonic attacks maybe only drum&bass during holiday periods?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Ring someone up = know they’ve heard what you want
    Email = drop the message down a black hole

Phone call unless recorded, just something that can be forgotten about minutes later.
    Email – tracked, audit able, history and actions recorded. Hence a lot of business calls end with an email summary of actions.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Phone call unless recorded, just something that can be forgotten about minutes later.

“Calls are monitored for training and service level support, you are in a queue and are number 1.3bn and your call is important to us, please wait for our offshore service representative who will be with you in about a months time”

FIFY

lucky7500

Also worth noting for anyone who just sends one email with no follow up to any company, there’s a pretty solid chance that your email got filtered in to junk / never made it to the inbox. Particularly it seems if you use hotmail, gmail etc.

DezB
    Free Member

there’s a pretty solid chance that your email got filtered in to junk

That’d be a pretty crap filtering system to use on a website/magazine subscription email.

plumber
    Free Member

I’m still waiting for my subs tshirt – that must be 11 years ago atleast

Cougar

Anyone heard from the OP lately? He hasn’t replied to his thread for 13 hours.

imnotverygood

‘Is there anybody there?’ said the Traveller,
    Knocking on the moonlit door;
    And his horse in the silence champed the grasses
    Of the forest’s ferny floor:
    And a bird flew up out of the turret,
    Above the Traveller’s head:
    And he smote upon the door again a second time;
    ‘Is there anybody there?’ he said.
    But no one descended to the Traveller;
    No head from the leaf-fringed sill
    Leaned over and looked into his grey eyes,
    Where he stood perplexed and still.
    But only a host of phantom listeners
    That dwelt in the lone house then
    Stood listening in the quiet of the moonlight
    To that voice from the world of men:
    Stood thronging the faint moonbeams on the dark stair,
    That goes down to the empty hall,
    Hearkening in an air stirred and shaken
    By the lonely Traveller’s call.
    And he felt in his heart their strangeness,
    Their stillness answering his cry,
    While his horse moved, cropping the dark turf,
    ’Neath the starred and leafy sky;
    For he suddenly smote on the door, even
    Louder, and lifted his head:—
    ‘Tell them I came, and no one answered,
    That I kept my word,’ he said.
    Never the least stir made the listeners,
    Though every word he spake
    Fell echoing through the shadowiness of the still house
    From the one man left awake:
    Ay, they heard his foot upon the stirrup,
    And the sound of iron on stone,
    And how the silence surged softly backward,
    When the plunging hoofs were gone.

dannyh
    Free Member

Anyone heard from the OP lately? He hasn’t replied to his thread for 13 hours.

To be fair he probably got distracted by numerous ads for Ukrainian dating or top end watches that move randomly all over the screen. Perhaps he became hypnotised by these and the flashing checkerboard ad and is currently just immobile in front of his screen with friends and relatives frantically clicking their fingers in his face.

Perhaps he has become confused by returning to his thread and finding that his most recent posts are not visible and he doesn’t realise you have to click on the exact page, then hit F5 to get the up to date view before they reappear. So perhaps he doesn’t think there have been any replies.

matt_outandabout

13 hours.

Cancel his P.

Cougar

To be fair he probably got distracted by numerous ads

Unlikely as a subscriber.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Cancel his P.

When it comes to taking the P Singletrack can be masters. Although my hip flask and T shirt arrived promptly.

dannyh
    Free Member

Unlikely as a subscriber.

Sorry – can’t tell if that is an answer to my post as the list of posts shown to me (and their ‘freshness’) seems to depend on whether I am logged in or not, have pressed F5 or not and whether Aquarius is ascendant. That is, of course, when I can see the posts for the ads, and the posts stay still long enough to read as further ads try to load.

tjagain

I cannot guess what emergency needed a reply in such a short timescale!

chipps

Hi there Frank/OP… I’ve spoken to Zoe who said that she’d not seen your email on Sunday. She managed to reverse-engineer your email address and get in touch this morning, so it sounds like you’ve been sorted. I just checked our subs@ address and that works fine, so I’m not sure what the issue there was.

Just to clarify things for people – we have a subscription team of one, Zoe, who deals with all subs queries. Obviously, after Christmas, things are busy, so please allow a couple of days for Zoe to get back to you.

If things are urgent, or you’ve not had a reply, the subscription phone number is in the magazine. As is our main number. We have a small office, so we can pass messages on if someone isn’t there.

We generally don’t have time to read the forum on a regular basis, so rather than posting a grumpy thread, you’d be far better off emailing or phoning. As found on the pre-Christmas, Classifieds grumble thread, of the giant queue of complainers, only two people actually emailed and both got answers within the hour (and five minutes…)

As for wallop’s ‘I emailed them months ago to ask if was ok to use the stw logo for the Strava running club and never received a response’ – who did you email? I’ve not seen anything to newsdesk@, editorial@ or chipps@

Cheers! Chipps – (01706 814249)

frankconway

Response now received. Thanks all for comments.

scuttler

Jeezus people. I think the point is neither phone nor email is perfect so if you want to get something done to your own pace and satisfaction don’t sit behind a computer and whine about it.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 83 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.