Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • No response from sellers in classifieds
  • heihei

What is it with people posting stuff for sale in the classified section then not replying to requests for pics etc? Several times recently I have asked for pics of stuff within a few hours of the original post, and heard nothing for days, if at all. The most recent example was an ad for a whole bike posted Thursday morning stating pics on request – we’re 4 days and counting without any communication.
    It’s pretty obvious that when selling stuff people will ask for pics so it’s a bit short-sighted to not be able to have them available. If the goods are no longer available, a simple email or follow-up post surely isn’t too much to ask?

SteveTheBarbarian
    Free Member

Can’t argue with you there.

chela
    Free Member

It is a bit rude/daft. But I s’pose people do have lives away from the internet (I know, I know, but apprently it’s true) and if they’ve already sold what you asked for pics of then they might be too busy to reply.

That, or they’re ignorant knobs. Or they’ve come dowm with swine fever and been put in isolation. Though that’s an excuse you can really only use once…

coffeeking
    Free Member

a) Lack of reply notification (drives me nuts)
    b) Stupid new method of the classifieds not “bumping” with updates, the sellers seem to forget the original exists and put another one up maybe with a slightly different title, it all goes funny.

I’m trying to get hold of Chippsters to buy a disc brake he had for sale(?) but can’t as he doesnt have an email address listed and doesnt reply. Nightmare.

JxL
    Free Member

good point about the lack of “bumping”, the threads get lost very quickly even though are much popular than others.

sq225917
    Free Member

The classifieds are impossible to navigate to find your own post, after 3 hours its a million pages deep and there’s no notification.

they need to be stratified into component categories.

StuF

I had the same happen to me – a bag was offered and then no replies what so ever – grrr – even now if they did contact me I wouldn’t buy it as the seller seems unreliable.

As for finding your posts – just click on your username (top right by the welcome …) and that list all your recent posts

Farticus

If you click on your username (top right) you get a list of all threads you’ve created & posted on, so you can monitor what’s going on if you want…

…but it is more effort than simply looking on the forum when bumping happened. That said, quite a lot of Classifieds threads descend into chats between mates, and bumping was irritating when all it did was keep conversations on top at the expense of the other stuff.

takisawa2

If I sell something I tend to have the pics uploaded to flickr already, & post a link.

thepodge
    Free Member

i’m more worried about the ones you pay and then never see the items especially when they stop posting and replying to emails

mysterymurdoch
    Free Member

If the search function actually searched the text of the posts then it would be much better, rather than relying on sellers putting in tags in the right format etc. Also as mentioned the lack of thread subscriptions is so annoying. If you’re a regular poster it becomes very hard to find your recent classifieds posts to check if there have been replies.

MODS!!! Thread subs please!

robbo1234biking

Dont you just click on your name and you can see your posts on your profile? Also there is a favourites tab which you can add threads too or am I missing what you are looking for?

chakaping
    Free Member

i’m more worried about the ones you pay and then never see the items especially when they stop posting and replying to emails

Or the ones who send the wrong item then claim not to be getting your many emails on the subject, then stop replying altogether.

Anyone else had trouble with Snaps?

robbo1234biking

Seems like there are quite a few disgruntled people on the forums today who havnt received goods. I only tend to buy from people who have made a fair amount of posts etc

Is that how other people base their judgement?

carbon337
    Free Member

a pm system would probably help with email notification.

waihiboy
    Free Member

what cracks me up are people that sell stuff and dont put pics up with their first post! you know people are going to ask for them so save yourself the bother.

maybe its me

dr_adams
    Free Member

I am newish to this site and was only drawn by the classifieds if i’m honest.. but i was drawn as i was buying not selling, i think all forums get the one time poster who maybe expects a reply within a day and after that doesn’t check back ever and i think we are more prone to this being a big forum. I read the forum a lot, more than post count would imply, and i tend to be wary if its a lot of money to a username i don’t know. Tho i did want to buy something off a seller who had listed an item 3 times previously and because i was looking maybe 2 weeks after it was listed it has never been seen by the seller.
    DOH!

heihei

I’m not fussed about pics not included in the original post, as many people (myself included) can’t be bothered to get a load of bike kit pics hosted somewhere which is needed for this site. Pics should be ready to email pdq though.

Jamie
    Free Member

#
    waihiboy – Member

what cracks me up are people that sell stuff and dont put pics up with their first post! you know people are going to ask for them so save yourself the bother.

maybe its me
    Posted 23 minutes ago # Report-Post

No its not just you.

simondbarnes

sq225917 – Member

The classifieds are impossible to navigate to find your own post, after 3 hours its a million pages deep and there’s no notification.

Use the RSS feeds. Makes keeping track of a thread dead simple.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘No response from sellers in classifieds’ is closed to new replies.