• This topic has 25 replies, 21 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by Haze.
Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • No-not theTURBO
  • cyclop
    Free Member

What is everyone doing to avoid the dreaded turbo in these bad conditions?I,ve resorted to riding up and down a track in the field at the back.Alternately the wood above Ecclefechan has been a godsend with some trails which are rideable in any conditions,undemanding,but nonetheless,proper riding at least, with hills to go hard on.

thomthumb
    Free Member

mince pies are good for avoiding the turbo.

cyclop
    Free Member

As a finely honed mature athlete I only eat mince pies after a ride.

coopersport1
    Free Member

Been out sliding around in the snow 😀 find I only need to be out for 1/2 the time as riding in 5inches of snow is bloody hard work!

SpokesCycles
    Free Member

Went out in the snow yesterday but burned the turbo today. Swapping about helps but the turbo has given me a headache.

oldgit
    Free Member

It hasn’t stopped me.
    I shall be pasting this passage quite a lot I think.

The veterans once again ,displayed dedication,and guts to brave the eliments of cyclo rcoss, when other younger riders would have staed in bed.
    In temp of minus 12 , and with 6 inches of snow, over 40 riders contested the LVRC National Championships at Glebe Farm ,Nr Wellesbourne

Plus a good few hours Tuesday night.

neil853
    Free Member

i went on the turbo for the first time this winter today, it doesn’t get any better does it 🙁

mrmo
    Free Member

went XC skiing, now in bed feeling crap with the cold from hell 🙁

Northwind

I have been riding my bike mainly. Can’t get the motorbike out of the garage because of all the snow so I’m commuting by mtb. And it’s bloody horrible frankly so it better be doing me some good.

lazybike
    Free Member

Air drumming whilst turboing helps stave off the boredom, as for going out, just the sunday club run for me

niloC
    Free Member

Sufferfest

you won’t be bored doing that on the Turbo!

lazybike
    Free Member

sufferfest…. always brings on my turbo tourettes.

foxyrider
    Free Member

Cycling in the snow and commuting to work – a new adrenaline sport!

aracer
    Free Member

xc skiing – why would I do anything else given the opportunity to do that?

brad0612
    Free Member

lol I’m new to this. Excuse my ignorance!

What’s Turbo?

andrewh
    Free Member

Turbo is the 10th studio album by Judas Priest.

vdubber67
    Free Member

I watched Kelly’s Heroes on the turbo today. Classic

Waderider
    Free Member

There is no reason not to cycle. I have a bike set up on a turbo and it hasn’t been used this winter. I’m not posting from Hawaii, I’m in Glasgow.

I’m out on my bike most days, and so should you be.

rootes1

I did a spin class for the first time this week… was harder than i thought it might be… def good though

vdubber67
    Free Member

Waderider – Member
    There is no reason not to cycle. I have a bike set up on a turbo and it hasn’t been used this winter. I’m not posting from Hawaii, I’m in Glasgow.

I’m out on my bike most days, and so should you be.

Apart from if you’re doing something like single leg drills, which are easier and safer on a turbo, or a lactate threshold test, which is also easier on a turbo.

Macavity
    Free Member

If you go to a gym and use the exercise bike there, and wonder at the things people around you get up to. Going backwards on the cross-trainer (ski), getting on and off the treadmill leaving it running so they can pick some weights up (running with weights?), and some other incredible antics; the time just flies past!

Waderider
    Free Member

Apart from if you’re doing something like single leg drills, which are easier and safer on a turbo, or a lactate threshold test, which is also easier on a turbo.

Are you seriously suggesting that niche training methods take up enough of your cycling time to justify a focus on turbo use? Whatever mental hoops you need to jump through to justify mind numbing turbo use I suppose.

andrewh
    Free Member

I got one of those fancy i-magic ones (cheap off fleabay) where you race the computer game thinking it may be abit more fun but I can now say that it is just as dull as a normal one.
    Useful to be able to race yourself from last winter but otherwise dull.

carbon337
    Free Member

Ive been doing about 3 40min sessions a week on a technogym bike at my local gym.

Its bloody boring but I sweat like a *&*^£%^£ so must be doing something useful.

Ive been thinking about using my iPhone for some motivational movies or something to get me going a bit quicker.

Any iphone movies for turbo/bike sessions?

uponthedowns
    Free Member

Any iphone movies for turbo/bike sessions?

As above Sufferfest and a copy of Handbrake to format the vids for your phone

Haze

I’m happy to provide a good home to any unwanted/unfulfilled Turbo’s.

Or rollers for that matter…

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘No-not theTURBO’ is closed to new replies.