Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • No more Google Inbox
  • flyingmonkeycorps

Is anyone else a little bit sad, or am I literally the only person that uses it?

DezB
    Free Member

Tried it, normal phone mail app was better, so never used it. Same for most I guess!

spawnofyorkshire

I’ve just switched back over to gmail because of the impending shutdown, did prefer inbox though

dmorts

I prefer Inbox, especially snoozing emails to later time. Are they porting any features from Inbox into the Gmail app?

EDIT: seems they have done.

flyingmonkeycorps

Inbox took me a while to get used to, but once I did I much preferred it to the gmail app, especially on web. gmail seems like a step backwards now!

johndoh
    Free Member

I prefer Inbox, especially snoozing emails to later time. Are they porting any features from Inbox into the Gmail app?

EDIT: seems they have done.

Yes you can snooze emails via the app and via the browser-based inbox

miketually
    Free Member

I really liked Inbox, but switched back to standard gMail when I heard that they were going to kill it off. Lots of the features are there in gMail.

Ioneonic

Is there a way of using reminders in Gmail? I use them a lot in Inbox.

davidr

Reminders are part of the Calendar app. It looks like they’ve ported a lot of features into other products.

phiiiiil

I really liked Inbox… things like bundling things together in the inbox, previews of images in emails, the timeline broken into today / yesterday / months etcetera…

It keeps saying that some features have been moved to the gmail app, but none of the ones I like the best 🙁

I’ve tried to make gmail labels work like inbox bundles, but they’re rubbish, and you can’t even edit labels at all in the app, you have to use a computer!

Grumpy.

jimdubleyou

Bundling is not the same in gmail – at least I can’t find a way to make it work the same.

+1 grumpy here…

Phone app seems to be working for now.

kcr
    Free Member

Still using Inbox on Android, but I switched back to GMail on the PC when the change was announced. On PC, GMail feels clunky in comparison to Inbox, with things like having to page through search results and the lack of integrated reminders, so it is a step backwards for me.
    I assume most GMail users never actually realised that Inbox existed, and just used the default application, so adoption was low and they are just going to kill it as a result. I suspect if Google had said “Inbox is the new GMail” and had ditched the old GMail application, most people would quite happily have used Inbox.

andrewreay

Will miss it hugely.

Was an early adopter and has been on every phone since.

Can’t really adjust to Gmail, just feels a bit basic in comparison.

Let’s hope the team come up with something novel and different soon.

The more innovative and creative approach to development seems to have taken a bit of a knock at Google.

They were quite brave once upon a time, letting teams release stuff to test the water and see what went down well.

Nowadays, other than a few beta programmes, it’s all a bit safe and corporate.

arcing
    Free Member

I’ve just transferred over to Edison on iOS as I couldn’t live with the Gmail app. It’s nice and clean, and it’s got some nifty assistance options to filter email types. Recommended

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘No more Google Inbox’ is closed to new replies.