Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • No more downloading iplayer radio programmes….?
  • alpin
    Free Member

Why?

Seems to work on my iPhone, but not with Android. I always used to be able to download when in the UK.

Bit of a pain as the iPhone has zero storage (unless you buy into the cloud which isn’t going to help me listen to programmes off-line) and the Sony has a 64GB card stuck in it

Why they do this?

Want to listen to a few radio progs on the drive back from Schermany. Any way around this?

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Just downloaded a few last night?

Giles Peterson and Benji B – Radio 6 and 1 respectively

verses

Download option still there, and working, on my Android/Sony.

Just used it to download the latest episode/repeat of Cabin Pressure.

IHN

It varies from programme to programme, often because of the rights issues of the music contained therein

Pigface
    Free Member

Wittertainment works ok

alpin
    Free Member

Hmmm….
    specifically trying to download R4 Trump and Studio 54, Unbelievable Truth, etc so there shouldn’t be any problems with music rights.

Not working for me.

What is wittertainment?

edlong
    Free Member

..on the drive back from Schermany

Are you abroad at the moment? Might that be why it won’t let you download content?

alpin
    Free Member

Nope. In London. Flying home today and driving back Wednesday.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Also working for me on Android, just downloaded Unbelievable Truth and a few other R4 comedies. Update or reinstall app?

user-removed
    Free Member

Hmm. Stopped working for me about four months ago on Android. Then I broke my phone and am currently using an HTC from 2010 so I’m not even going to try… Managed to get Audible up and running though 🙂

drlex
    Free Member

Does Android have any localisation settings that the app may be using to determine location?

FWIW, iPlayer has always been unstable for me on my iPhone – add in Bluetooth streaming to the car hifi and it really is a lottery as to getting playback.

user-removed
    Free Member

Does Android have any localisation settings that the app may be using to determine location?

Donno, but it does boil my pee when I follow a link to a BBC page, paid for with UK taxes and it tells me the content is “unavailable in your country”.

traildog
    Free Member

Are you trying to download over wifi? Is your phone actually connected on the wifi? There is a setting to only download on wifi, so if you are trying to download on the mobile network it won’t work unless you change this setting.

burgatedicky

What is wittertainment?

The first rule of wittertainment….

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

….is “Hello to Jason Isaacs”

But it’s more of a guideline, really.

CountZero

Dunno, but it does boil my pee when I follow a link to a BBC page, paid for with UK taxes and it tells me the content is “unavailable in your country”.

Well, you might have done here in the UK, but not abroad, and it’s all down to local licensing and copyright.
    Same goes for US or Japanese stuff on DVD/BluRay, in particular.

bensales
    Free Member

Pigface – Member
    Wittertainment works ok

Yeah, but you just download wittertainment.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘No more downloading iplayer radio programmes….?’ is closed to new replies.