Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • No Fuss Fat Tyre Weekend 2013
  • mafiafish
    Free Member

here
    Big change for this year, holding three big events in one weekend, and two simultaneously.
    At face value it seems you can race either endurance DH OR 10 under and then there’s an enduro the next day so few will be in the best condition for it.
    I have mixed emotions, it could be a great ‘festival’ of biking but could also compromise the individual events.

Anyone else surprised/excited/disappointed?

terrahawk
    Free Member

I don’t think there was a 10 Under this year so I don’t see how it’s being compromised.

cupra
    Free Member

I think they have struggled for entries this year so is probably a way to run various events but keep the costs down. I think 10 under ran in 2012 but something else was cancelled.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    hungrymonkey
    Free Member

10 UTB went ahead, but 10 at kirro and 10 at llandegla didn’t

it’s an interesting decision to make, but perhaps forward thinking of them, given the entries thay’ve had this year (see relentless too for a race which used to be really busy, and now isn’t)

druidh
    Free Member

I thought this was about FAT tyres

* is disappoint *

Northwind

It’s a cool idea but maybe a gamble… I reckon there’ll be a big crossover of potential entrants for the endurance dh and enduro, frinstance, and at the risk of being a big girl there was NO CHANCE IN HELL I was getting on a bike the day after the dh this year :mrgreen:

Still it should make for a great atmosphere, so I’m looking forward to it. Really hope it works out for them as I know this hasn’t been the best year.

radoggair
    Free Member

hmmmm, interesting. Might be worth a shot of 10 under and the enduro, but then again i do have free entry for life into 10 under :).

Worried about prize givings though. It took an hour to get normal 10 hour event prizes done so now with the DH as well you could be waiting a while if your a solo to receive a prize

Northwind
    radoggair
    Free Member

i’m there somewhere

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘No Fuss Fat Tyre Weekend 2013’ is closed to new replies.