Viewing 12 posts - 121 through 132 (of 132 total)
  • No Fergie to fire up, but another McMoonter project gets underway
  • mcmoonter
    Free Member

The kettle is always on. Just give me a shout.

ElShalimo

nice dresser/sideboard
    what is it?

mcmoonter
    Free Member

The dresser with the plates is Oak, probably English and about 1900. The sixties stuff was made locally by Mackintosh.

CountZero

That is outstanding, a really lovely space.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Big day today, we’ve got a the features writer and her photographer from the Herald coming this morning and the Friends of the Kirkcaldy Museum and Art Galleries coming this afternoon.

Albanach
    Free Member

Good luck Pete. Hope it goes well!

ElShalimo

Bonne chance

Stoner
    Free Member

looking v well presented. I imagine the photographer will love it if there’s a bit of sunshine to set it all off. did any of your work make it back north from Pall Mall?

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Stoner, the show in London went reasonably well. The huge 6×4 still life was bought by a Mexican collector who had it shipped to Paris, they sold another two or three. I had another collector who bought another two from my studio last week, so all in all not a bad venture.

Today turned out well, the sun shone, the writer was really enthusiastic, the photographer should have gotten some nice pictures as the light was perfect. We may have unwittingly become a venue for fashion shoots, we’ll see how that turns out.

The Friends were taken with their studio visit. Maybe fifteen years ago they commissioned a landscape painting from me. When the Kirkcaldy Museum and Art Galleries were remodeled they had a Peoples Pick public vote to select their favorite paintings from the collection to be hung it seems permanently, they kindly voted to keep Skipi Geo with Gulls.

I have to say that speaking all day to strangers is far more exhausting than rebuilding a greenhouse.

Stoner
    Free Member

Excellent. Post a link to the article when it’s online.

Did that matisse original I sent find you? 😉

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Aye it did thanks, I’ve filed it for future ‘sampling’. The guys at the sorting office know us well, a girl that works there used to keep her horse here.

They said it would probably be published in the next couple of weeks, I will post up a link if there is wifi in Idaho.

busydog
    Free Member

Amazing transformation you accomplished in that project, McMoonter.
    Very impressive indeed!!

Viewing 12 posts - 121 through 132 (of 132 total)

The topic ‘No Fergie to fire up, but another McMoonter project gets underway’ is closed to new replies.