Viewing 7 posts - 81 through 87 (of 87 total)
  • No drink – what does it do for you?
  • andywarner
    Free Member

hello! i'm a lemming! 😉

Ti29er
    Free Member

There is one aspect of alcohol consumption that’s not mentioned here.
    If, say, you’re like Andy, brought up in a pub style and mentality (you never did say why your parents / guardians thought this was a suitable place for your formative years btw) , then food is unlikely to be consumed at the same time as the drink, as say in a restaurant or with the continental style of eating and drinking.
    What then, the next morning?
    I think you will find there’s a paradigm shift in societies view on drug abuse (alcohol) once you choose to get behind the wheel of a car / van / lorry after consuming any alcohol (whether you feel it’s OK or not, whether your “mates” do, or do not), when it is no longer a private, personal matter.
    Similarly, the law is not tolerant of drunk drivers; & nor are we.

Just a thought.
    Also, I've rented out rooms for many years and seen too many men who thought they didn't have any problems with alcohol (3 pints a night, tops!) and then drove to work, 5 days a week.

ozzybmx
    Free Member

I have 20yrs of drinking practice honed down to a tee , i'll get pisched twice a week , different nights as im a shift worker . I ride 2-3 times a week and if i can fit it in i'll go to the gym too. I will easily swally 20 stubbies (bottles) on a sitting . I have no problems with that , it doesnt affect my life , i dont really get a hangover BUT if i have an early morning ride planned i will put the "gas" on hold till the evening after the ride . It definately affects your performance IMO – BTW if i cant get smashed i wont touch a beer at all.

konabunny
    Free Member

I've rented out rooms for many years and seen too many men who thought they didn't have any problems with alcohol (3 pints a night, tops!) and then drove to work, 5 days a week.

I don't really see the point you're putting forward here. Can you elaborate/rephrase?

muggomagic

I used to drink very heavily. I would consume 4 of the 600ml bottles of stella every night that I didn't go out on my bike. If i went out on my bike I'd have 3 pints of stella. I have now stopped drinking at home, but still have a drink after a night ride.

tjr666
    Free Member

I have pretty much stopped drinking altogether, the last time I had any kind of alcohol was around November at a Napalm Death gig! Not to say I won't have the odd pint (I love a good Belgian) but its a rarity these days.

To be completley honest I would rather indulge in a nice big J of smelly green stuff than a drink, again though every few months or so 🙂

_tom_
    Free Member

I've gone off drinking excessively as well. Past 3 years of uni have just caught up with me I think, my hangovers now are pretty awful 😆

As tjr says I'd rather have a "nice big J of smelly green stuff"!

Viewing 7 posts - 81 through 87 (of 87 total)

The topic ‘No drink – what does it do for you?’ is closed to new replies.