Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • No cycling, doctors orders :(
  • smaca
    Free Member

I’ve done “something” to my hip.

Not sure what! It’s been giving me a bit of niggling ache on and off for about a month, but I went running with the dog and ended up in pain and hobbling home 🙁 Sharp pain on the outside of right side, sort of top of my pelvis.

It was bad enough I ended up going to the doctors (first time in a decade) and been told to lay off cycling/running/walking until a follow up visit in a fortnight 🙁

I don’t think it’s cycling that’s caused it, my guess is I was doing a _lot_ of walking/hiking just before the ache started, something outside my normal routine.

I was on a extended 5 week work/holiday trip, the pain started when I got home.

Anyone else suffered from similar?

Si

poiu
    Free Member

Not had similar but be wary if they offer you pain killers next time – make sure they’re committed to finding the cause. Good luck

legend
    Free Member

Self refer to physio? I’ll always try and get to the physio instead of the doctor when I’m a bit cripped

Clover

If you can find a cyclist friendly physio get yourself booked in. The best money I have spent. Things that I was worried were really in sticky decline have been fixed.

asterix
    Free Member

Are you certain it’s not referred pain from your back? When I prolapsed a disk in my back I thought it was my pelvis and the GP agreed. It was only later that a physio diagnosed it properly,

smaca
    Free Member

Cheers guys, yep I was a bit worried about being fobbed off with painkillers by the doc.

Will try and find a sports physio tomoz.

mrelectric

+1 for physio, esp one with interest in bio mechanics . GPs not always good for getting to the root cause.
    I had hip pain from 1st metatarsal osteoarthritis which affected my gait. Pelvic floor excercises for core strength were a surprise recommendation too.

smaca
    Free Member

@ asterix

While I do get the occasional back twinges, this seems more “frontal”, and like a bone pain (like I’ve banged it)

Hopefully a physio can interpret my really vague explanations 🙂

swiss01
    Free Member

physio. physio. physio. and not one of those nhs types who’ll fob you off with ‘exercises’.

I knackered a hip earlier this year by overdoing it and thus exposing instabilities that were in the post thanks to age and wear and tear. a couple of months later and for about the same as it would cost me for a pair of glasses i’m in much better nick and more or less pain free

legend
    Free Member

swiss01 – Member
    physio. physio. physio. and not one of those nhs types who’ll fob you off with ‘exercises’.

I’ve been through more than my fair share of private and NHS physio’s. Never had any issue with the service I’ve received through the NHS

swiss01
    Free Member

legend, i’m not meaning to decry nhs physios per se as I know and work with many but equally they’re the ones who’re telling me (and i’m seeing the same thing) that their service is being impaired by a hands off approach. management driven obviously.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘No cycling, doctors orders :(’ is closed to new replies.