• This topic has 14 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 15 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • No commute woes
  • DezB
    Free Member

What a pooh pig of a morning. Go to check the road bike, bloody filthy, plus flat tyre.
    Whip the wheel off, force the cold stiff tyre off the rim and bung a new tube in, refit wheel, try to find gear – no freewheeling.
    All that black cruddy road grime has finally got through to the poor bitch.

“oh, it’s icy out there” “too cold to ride anyway”

No its bloody not I want to be on my bike!

Sympathy please!

Gary_M
    Free Member

My commute this morning was quite interesting, 10 minutes into the ride and into proper darkness, go to switch on lights on the bars and realised I’ve left my battery at home. I’ve got a helmet light but its not got enough run time to get me in and home – used it on low beam but then the fog decended and helmet lights are nae use in the fog. So the 10 miles of proper dark bit was ridden with my cateye el530. Guess I’ll have to finnish at 4pm though to get home in mostly daylight.

DezB
    Free Member

At least you got to ride… Be safe going home!

wors
    DezB
    Free Member

You got a point there! But it’s dark when I get home. 🙁

phiiiiil

This morning I saw the sun while biking in for the first time this year. It was great!

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

I had to walk from the bedroom to the office without my dressing gown on this morning (inthe wash) and it was a bit chilly. Very glad I work from home.

Gary_M
    Free Member

True DezB, going home should be fine as I have my ‘commuter’ style lights anyway. It’s just the bit across the moor that was dodgy in the dark and hopefully the fog will have lifted and I can use the helmet light.

My wife has my battery pack with her, I asked her to bring it as she usually passes me in the car on her way to work but she got stuck in traffic this morning. If anyone would like to pick it up for me from Hill Street in Glasgow and bring it to the south side I’d be very grateful 😉

juan
    Free Member

don’t moan.
    Cycle this morning to get a non-tried train a bit earlier that is suppose to be faster only to find out that:
    It was 20 minutes late, the journey was meant to be 25 minutes.
    There is no bike rack inside because it’s an old and very crappy train.
    Usually when it’s the case you give your steed to the staff that takes it with him in his/hers box (there is some bike hooks). The box wasn’t fit with hook and the staff was an absolute bitch.
    Get to the station in Nice and ask to a staff about how I could complain about the unusual length of the journey, the rudeness of the staff, the poor quality of the train only to got told that he was busy (texting on his mobile) and to see it with the information point.

See it could have been much more worst.

leftyboy
    Free Member

Have had 2 punctures in 18 months (on my commuter) so my wife says “not ANOTHER puncture!”

To be fair I get loads more off road at present, live near Winchester so lots of hedges and thorns!

Also I ride a SS to work so no gears to slip!

soobalias
    Free Member

i had a lorry fail to anticipate my speed, half overtake me then pull back in and slam the brakes…
    as the road widened i moved over to let him pass, a car on the otherside pulled an unannounced U-turn infront of me and the lorry (now side by side).

then i had to wait for nearly five minutes as a lovely woman in a saab reversed* 20yds back down a lane to let an oncoming lorry through. When the lorry driver finally passed, he was wetting himself laughing.

finally as i passed a small junction on my left, with a car waiting for me to pass, the ice became unrideable and i spin the wheel three times and dismount infront of the bemused driver.

*moving generally backwards, weaving, first into one hedge then the other.

still no mechanicals and no injuries 🙂

DezB
    Free Member

Hmm… on my last commute I slid off on some ice and bruised my hip. All in front of a bunch of schoolkids.
    Still better than driving to work though.

Ah well, if I’d ridden I wouldn’t have been able to go to Cycle Surgery at lunchtime and find they had no jackets in my bloody size, would I?
    Is there a little facey thing that says Hmph?

coffeeking
    Free Member

Curious and somehow oddly placed use of the word “bitch”

ourmaninthenorth

juan – you are French. You live in France. Surely you of all people should understand your nation’s complete disinterest in customer service? 🙂

DezB
    Free Member

Curious and somehow oddly placed use of the word “bitch”

It’s my road bike. I have no affection for the bitch, she just gets me to work.

EDIT: It’s not even a ‘she’ really, just an it.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘No commute woes’ is closed to new replies.