Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • no car, no ride..?!
  • Waderider
    Free Member

Move house. Last time I did, I moved to an area with few trails. So I built some.

There is an answer to most problems, real or imagined.

13thfloormonk

Buy a car and drive to the same trail centre every weekend, or learn to use the trains and have pretty much the whole of the highlands at your disposal, I know what I’d do.

£55 will get you pretty much anywhere you want, and back, with a night in a hostel, which gives you endless opportunities for big old out and backs or loops or linking train stations.

Garry_Lager

tbf it would make a big difference to car-less Edinburgh folk if you could put your bike on a bus to Peebles. Not currently possible afaik, you’d need lothian or whoever to lay on a special bus which had bike space. Seems like a workable idea at first glance.

To the OP – you’ll get a lift to Glentress off someone on here, just post up ahead of time. I’ll probably be there tomorrow for example, people go all the time.

Cycling there would mean a long day for most of us. OK if you’re fit I guess – It’s about 25 miles to Peebles from S Edinburgh along a c_nt of an A road.

donsimon
    Free Member

To the OP – you’ll get a lift to Glentress off someone on here, just post up ahead of time.

Or perhaps not.

😈

Garry_Lager

lol – fair enough. Maybe he got ten emails though from helpful stw-ers

donsimon
    Free Member

Hopefully, but still funny.

Try here OP, looks like someone wants to fill this important gap in the market. All they need to do is get some cheap marketing and a bit decent market research and all your problems will be over. 😆

crazy-legs

I’m sure there was a thread on here a while ago asking if there was any sort of market in doing bike transfers from Edinburgh to Peebles and back, someone thinking of setting it up. Minibus + bike trailer. Presumably nothing ever came of it…

donsimon
    Free Member

Not Tom Bellis by any chance?

Gary_M
    Free Member

Yeh saw that myself and thought it was kinda odd

donsimon
    Free Member

Looks like a bit of self promotion to me.

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘no car, no ride..?!’ is closed to new replies.