Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • No broken bones?
  • wombat

Following on from the various recent broken bones threads, has anyone on here made it well into adulthood (numerically speaking 😉 ) and not broken any bones?

r8jimbob88
    Free Member

Until 6 weeks ago I had managed 27 years.

So i guess for me, it’s a no 🙁

sharkattack

I made it comfortably into adulthood.

Then caught up and overtook everyone I know in spectacular fashion.

MrOvershoot

Yep I’ve reached the age of 50 without so much as a fracture, even being punted over the top of a parked car by a hit & run driver failed to do anything.

I seem to remember the doctor in the hospital I was taken to said my bone density was that high I would need to be hit by a train to break anything.

He might have said I was dense though as I did have concussion?

Klunk
    Free Member

50+ no broken bones here

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

<shaky voice> Ah’ll be 44 at my next one, nae broken bits yet…</shaky voice>

Is not from want of trying though… hematoma and bursae a plenty; one on my hip once which turned the old chap black because of the blood seepage…was quite a party trick for a few weeks…I am a white blue skinned Scottish chap with ginger hair…well I was in my youth 😆

ebygomm
    Free Member

Is 35 well into adulthood? No broken bones here. Mum is 65 and no broken bones either.

footflaps

44 here and the only break was a mallet finger where the tendon detached from the knuckle taking a small piece of bone with it.

loddrik
    Free Member

Not broken anything through biking. Done my collarbone and finger though other pursuits….

soundninjauk

I’ve made it to 30, and may have broken my big toe at some point. Never had it confirmed though and nothing else so far so I’m counting that as a win.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

OK to late 20s but then a decent car crash ruined the record in a significant. Windsurfing and kitesurfing did in quite a few more.

soundninjauk

Windsurfing and kitesurfing did in quite a few more.

I’ve definitely twisted an ankle and bruised a rib or two windsurfing, but nothing worse than that. By and large I’ve always been lucky enough to eject and land in the water.

mrhoppy

Me, although I’ve got crumbling ankles that kind of micro fracture if I stand for too long.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

48 here. Only broken my little toe.

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

Managed till I was 15 before I broke a bone.
    Broken bones as follows.
    Fractured left patella 2001
    fractured left tibial plateau 2003
    Fractured femur (Right) 2006
    Fractured Ribs 2010
    Fractured left fibula 2013
    fractured right middle finger 2014

P-Jay
    Free Member

I wish, I’d broken nose, cheek and jaw by the end of junior school, both wrists (well forearms really) by the end of secondary school.

37 now, it’s too long a list for a phone post and includes metal work.

I’m not sure I’m unlucky or its influenced by my diary free diet (a tiny bit of cheese aside I can’t stand dairy food). I take calcium supplants now.

prawny

32 and only a little crack in a collar bone when I was 15 and a cracked rib last autumn, both on the bike, not a bad record considering I’ve been riding for 20 years + God, that makes me feel old.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Nope. Though I only had one minor fracture as a kid. Breaks started happening when I got more reckless with age, especially the last 7 years or so having got into MTB 😀 (I’m 42 now)

TiRed

I was 45 before I broke my collar bone.

Made up for it this year though – 15 more fractures in one go 😆

colournoise

45 years and nothing broken yet (that I know of at least).

Worst I’ve done is a dislocated finger and a couple of cracked ribs.

tenfoot

48 here. Only broken my little toe.

Muppetwrangler. You’re me, and I claim my £5.

Exactly the same.

cheers_drive

39 and no definite breaks although I suspect I did crack a rib a 10 years ago

cheekyget
    Free Member

I made it to 42….. Then shattered my shoulder blade…!!….

aka_Gilo
    Free Member

Bicycles – plenty of lost skin and bruises.

Motorbikes – broken back, most bones in right foot broken, broken collar bone.

If I’d never discovered the joy, nay the love, the obsession, with two wheels I’d be pristine.

Scapegoat

Finger, rib, wrist, scapula, tibia, fibula, fibula, rib, rib, sternum, coccyx, wrist, T12, clavicle

Slid on a polished floor, assault, fall, motorbike, motorbike, motorbike, motorbike, water slide, judo, judo, sledging, assault, MTB, road bike.

Lucky Scapegoat to my mates. I have a pin in the tibia, the two fibula fractures are non-Union, and the clavicle is plated.

allfankledup

I broke a collar bone and a finger at primary school. Luckily they belonged to other people

Might have broken a bone in my hand falling out of a tree whilst drunk in Ardeche, but think I got away with it

scaled
    Free Member

No proper ‘breaks’ I’ve separated my ac joint (lvl 4) so some pretty hefty ligament damage and snapped the bottom bit off my sternum. That wouldn’t have been a break bit apparently mine was bony rather than cartilagey

BillMC

Broken hand coming off a cross bike and a few scars but not too bad for a ‘proper’adult.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

47 and only ever been in hospital to visit other people. That was up until 4 months ago when I broke my clavicle and had to have surgery to plate it.

markcurtains
    Free Member

made it to 39.5 without any breaks and now have a titanium joint at the end of my left radius. Can just get it straight enough to ride although sometimes grip can be a problem.

nickname
    Free Member

Made it to 34 (this year)…then bam. Back in Jan came of my road bike coming home from work (just a few mph, straight over the bars). Broken collarbone and broken elbow which is now plated. First time in hospital too.

It’s a fairly odd feeling. The collarbone was rather painful, and the clicking / crunching sound was a bit off putting. It’s healed now (in a rather ugly way). The elbow I didn’t even try to move until post surgery and removal of cast.

I’ve now got the fear of falling on it again – I actually came off the motorbike back in Aug doing some off-road stuff and it held up ..but I now know how vulnerable I am on the bike, and how annoying it is to fall off and hurt yourself 🙂

hanchurch
    Free Member

36 when I broke my first bone, obviously bike related!

Stainypants

I’m 42 and never broken what I’d consider a proper bones despite playing rugby when young and MTBing. But I break by ribs with alarming regularity must have done it about 6-7 times. 50% mountain biking, the rest usually drunken falls. I even managed it snowboarding on my honeymoon. I’m mega clumbsy. Last time was so bad I ended up on Morphine over Christmas.

I fact it’s been a couple of years so I’m due any moment now.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

31, no breaks. Considering some of the incidents (double decker bus to the chest, etc) I think I must have good bones 😀

stylish
    Free Member

Made it to 42 with jousts bumps and cuts, then broke right collarbone badly, did 15 months and did it again, bigger mess 2nd time round, really popular with the surgeon who did the repair!

sirromj

Made well into adulthood no broken bones. Got to 40, broke tooth in faceplant, 41 and fractured wrist OTB.

Clover

Nothing until a cheek bone at 43. Road racing. It seems to have fixed.

My mother is aghast. I reckon I’m just catching up with my brother 30 years late. We used to have to fish him out of hospital all the time when he was a teen.

Northwind

I made it to my 20s, well kinda, I’d broken my hands twice but I never really noticed so it doesn’t really count.

seadog101

The only bone in me that’s been broken wasn’t broken by me. 5 friendly chaps in Amsterdam decided my wallet was better off in their possession than mine, then threw me into the road, where I bounced off the side of a car and got a broken jaw for it. Right down the middle. Sore.

beiciwr64
    Free Member

Broke my collar bone when i was 11 after crashing into a Crossville bus on a Raliegh Chopper.
    Suspected fractured skull,tore my ear off and 3 months off school. 🙁
    Four decades later, broken bone free 😉
    Just bought a second hand DH bike,so i might be pushing my luck a bit now! :mrgreen:

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)

The topic ‘No broken bones?’ is closed to new replies.