• This topic has 47 replies, 24 voices, and was last updated 15 years ago by taka.
Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • No booze for children under 15…
  • matthewjb
    Free Member

Stuff like this is aimed at the teeny tiny minority of “Chaotic” families, who genuinely don’t have the skill, or awareness to realise that drinking 15 pints a night in front of little Dwain, or Chardonnay,

Somehow I don’t think that group of people will spend their time discussing the latest statements by the Chief Medical Officer.

corroded
    Free Member

Equating alcohol to heroin and cocaine is one of the more stupid pronouncements from sfb, out of a long, long list.
    There’s more to enjoying alcohol than downing eight pints of wifebeater on a friday night and having a fight. Appreciating the taste of a great wine or a pint of good bitter is one of life’s joys. To not understand that must be like not being able to appreciate music.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Equating alcohol to heroin and cocaine is one of the more stupid pronouncements from sfb,

I didn’t equate. I think alcohol is more dangerous, particularly to other people

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Appreciating the taste of a great wine or a pint of good bitter is one of life’s joys

a minor joy, there are plenty of other drinks and foods without the drug hazard

jonb
    Free Member

I remember being given alcohol by my parents when I was around 10 or younger. My parents drink, but not a lot and never get drunk. To be honest I didn’t like the taste and it put me off for years. Took all the mystery out of it though.

Giving someone under 15 a drink isn’t going to turn them into an alcoholic, giving them the wrong atitude to alcohol is.

In France it’s very common to see children drinking in restaurants and it certainly isn’t frowned upon to give children watered down wine. They don’t hit the Stella every weekend and start fights and ddrink themselves to oblivion.

matthewjb
    Free Member

They don’t hit the Stella every weekend and start fights and ddrink themselves to oblivion.

The adults don’t either though do they.

Children learn by example. It’s difficult to complain about underage drinking when a lot of the messages they get from the media and adults are that the main aim of drinking alcohol is to get drunk.

The Uk generally has a problem with drinking. But the Government makes lots of money out of it so let’s keep quiet or just blame parents.

alwyn
    Free Member

I’ll drink to that!

Fat kids are a far worse problem.

taka
    Free Member

ive got a pointless bar in my dining room mi dad just drinks it all

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘No booze for children under 15…’ is closed to new replies.