Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Nitto Lugged Stem – anywhere in UK?
  • MussEd
    Free Member

After one of these for a road build, does the collective wisdom know of anywhere in the UK/EU that stick them? Google is not being my friend so can’t seem to find sellers that aren’t in USA or Japan..anyone got a suggestion?

stuey
    Free Member

Have you tried Ben ‘kinetics’ – maybe ‘his sort of thing’.

amplebrew

No personal experience of them myself, but Velosolo seem sell Nitto components.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    bencooper
    Free Member

Aye, I build stems – lugged or lugless…

Macavity
    Free Member

http://road.cc/content/review/53286-nitto-lugged-quill-stem

Made by Nitto exclusively for Rivendell.

MussEd
    Free Member

That’s what I’m after(but there’s a aheadset version) but in UK/EU? Or could make something approximately* like that Ben? And what kind of costs would be involved? *exactly like it?

MussEd
    Free Member

Should clarify I know they are Nitto stockists in UK/EU but can’t find the lugged aheadset anywhere except Japanese/US sites and can’t be assed with the customs/duty gamble…

jackthedog
    Free Member

Get in touch with one of the Nitto stockists and get them to order it? The folks on LFGSS might be more helpful.

bencooper
    Free Member

Around £150, depending on the finish you want.

Macavity
    Free Member
    Macavity
    Free Member
    stuey
    Free Member

llewellyn -“Before you ask, I do not build new stems for old bikes or stems for new lugged bikes which are not Llewellyns. I also do not produce a quill lugged stem.” – I’m not going to ask how much for a FS 🙂

MussEd
    Free Member

Other stem designs exist

Yep thanks for that nugget of wisdom, I was beginning to wonder if there were any other designs out there. Thanks. Those field ones aren’t what I’m after and as pointed out Llewelyn only seem to sell theirs along with their frames…

Ben – what’s the best way to reach you?

Macavity
    Free Member

Llewellyn stem parts are available to buy
    http://www.framebuilderscollective.org/llewellyn-stem-lugs/

bencooper
    Free Member

It’s Llewellyn parts I usually use for lugged stems.

MussEd, my shop number is 0141 942 2552 or email is ben@kinetics-online.co.uk

Macavity
    Free Member

And you will need a matching seatpost. The Nitto S84 seatpost maybe.

STATO
    Free Member

hubjub are importers of Nitto stuff, they have been good at getting me odd bits and pieces in the past.

MussEd
    Free Member

S84 post is already on the list and easily available here, that’s why I was so puzzled that the Nitto stem didn’t seem to be available…

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Nitto Lugged Stem – anywhere in UK?’ is closed to new replies.