Nissan X-Trail

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Nissan X-Trail
  • johndoh

So my continued search for a new car has brought me around to the X-Trail (latest style, looking to but a Tekna model, 2 or 3 years old) – does anyone have any first hand experience of them? Things to look out for, things to avoid? What is the handling/drive like?

Ta

Premier Icon richmars
    Subscriber

I’ve got the previous version, 2 litre Sport. Seems fine. I’ve had it for nearly 3 years, only needed a new battery apart from servicing.
    Good on the mud, haven’t got suck yet, but I do have more off roady type tyres then most are fitted with.

somouk

I’ve driven a 1.6 TDI of the new ones quite a bit as a mate has one.

If you’re planning on towing or carrying heavy loads it will struggle but is fine as a family motor. The Tekna spec is good, comes with lots of nice bits of kit and can come in 5 seat or 5 + 2.

The auto is a CVT so fuel consumption can suffer and the 4WD can make fuel consumption suffer. The manual isn’t a bad box at all.

Handling is fine, it’s not going to set the world on fire but it will roll along at a decent speed and not fall over in a corner.

johndoh

I am looking at getting the 5+2 version in the petrol engine with a manual gearbox. It won’t be used for towing (unless I buy a small trailer for camping – but definitely won’t be towing a caravan).

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Nissan X-Trail’ is closed to new replies.