Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Nissan Patrol… Talk to me.
  • mikewsmith
    Free Member

We have a forrester, going ok, only happy as the price of fuel is low – not what I’m used to in diesel economy. Loading space is slightly lower than I expected can’t get my bike in stood up front wheel out.

2.5l Petrol x from 06 was about $14k.

Spent time in the mother in laws xtrail a few years back, noisy and plasticy 🙁

gordy90lpg
    Free Member

Has to be a Toyota for reliability , don’t go near a x trail , turbo and fuel injection problems to common , newer patrols have Renault electrics in them and any I have dealt with have been a nightmare with electrical problems

zokes
    Free Member

newer patrols have Renault electrics in them

😯 😯 😯

Seriously, of all the car makers of this world to get to do your electrics for you, why as a Japanese company would you get the French to do them?!?!?

T1000
    Free Member

You must be lucky then……
    Having had an ecu failure in Finland last winter …. I’m not impressed …. Thankfully after 2 hrs at minus 25 the breakdown guy arrived… Thankfully it wasn’t out in the wilds…..

T1000
    Free Member

Gordy
    The op was talking about an xtrail in Aus the t30 mk1 was only sold as petrol so comments don’t apply t31 mk 2 has different engine and turbo

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Yeah diesel x-trails in Oz are rare. Also rare to see diesel Foresters. If I can find some with manual gearboxes I’d be happy. Just doesn’t feel nice driving an auto.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Diesel / manual rocking horse poop.

Ended up doing a novated lease through my work. Car / fuel / repairs paid from pre-tax salary then the remainder of my fortnightly salary is taxed.

Will be cycling to work so the missus will be using it predominately. Ended up with a 2011 series IV X-trail. 125kw 2.5l petrol with 50,000km on the clock. It’s mint. The price was right I’m pretty chuffed with it, just can’t wait for a blast in it. Mean to be going down Dwellingup this weekend. (Grr… another 2 weeks for our shipping and bikes to arrive though).

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Nissan Patrol… Talk to me.’ is closed to new replies.