• This topic has 26 replies, 17 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by tewit.
Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Nissan NV300 concept van looks like a must for some people on STW…
  • bearnecessities

“All tools are left in this vehicle overnight”

rickmeister

No woodburner?

I’m out.

sootyandjim
    Free Member

That bloke in the back of the van looks peak STW.

136stu
    Free Member

“That bloke in the back of the van looks peak STW.”

That’s the guy that works with George Clark on Amazing Spaces isn’t it? Certainly peak hipster.

dogbone

I like to stand up occasionally.

DickBarton

Are those pizza tools in the last picture in the door? 😉

chakaping
    Free Member

“All tools are left in this vehicle overnight”

Including the one in the trilby.

kayak23

That bloke in the back of the van looks peak STW.

Good bloke is Will. Very clever.  He came and sat in my shed when it was on the telly.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/KP7nJP]Radio Times 23rd-29th July 2016[/url] by blackteaonesugar, on Flickr

Lovely van yes, but I would never, ever leave it anywhere! 😂

jkomo

Who the **** needs six microwaves. Two is surely enough.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I like the backlit pannel in the roof, makes a change from the usual carpeted ceiling, wonder how it was insulated?

I suppose you could integrate that into the roof of a pop-top for a more normal camper.

avdave2

I like the backlit pannel in the roof,

looks like a translucent roof the same as trucks have

wwaswas

Posture he’s got – sitting like that for more than about 10 minutes would take me the rest of the day to get over and there’s not enough headroom to sit up straight on a chair/stool that’s a decent height.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

How on earth is that a mobile “hub”? What does that even mean?

kayak23

How on earth is that a mobile “hub”? What does that even mean?

Umm, a centre from which you base the work that you are doing that is moveable? Simple enough no?.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

So a mobile workshop then? Just like folk have had for decades.

sootyandjim
    Free Member

Yeah but “work van” or “mobile workshop” doesn’t have the pretentiousness that today’s artisanal organic structural tissue crafters require.

sands
    Free Member

Eddiebaby Member

Edit Sorry, can’t post image

Harry_the_Spider

Looks lovely, but it is utterly impractical. But that was never the point was it?

Getting “beards” to look at the Nissan NV300 is the goal.

kayak23

Yes. I don’t think they were claiming they’d reinvented the wheel or owt. It’s just a craftsman collaborating and producing a showpiece for a van company.

All this ‘hipster’ bashing isn’t really necessary is it? Will is a talented and imaginative craftsman. Just because he likes to dress a bit individually you’ve no need to be scared of that… 😅

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Stw: far more beards, real ale, check shirts, moleskin trousers and whiskey and prone to riding bikes than the general population, but not hipster, definitely not hipster.

Is it translucent? It looks lower than the actual van roof (which would be structural unlike a truck body). I think its a lightbox designed to loom like a truck roof.

Not really a workshop is it, its a van full of cabinets full of tools. You could park it on site and setup a work bench etc arround it and create a workshop with it as a hub, a mobile hub if you like…….

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Mobile toolbox then. Or mobile store. Or simply a van.
    But at least the eatgerproof battery pack has the same capacity as your ebike battery so can charge it once.

avdave2

Is it translucent?

It looks to me as if you can see it in the first picture as part of the roof. I’m guessing that as a workshop van they aren’t thinking of insulation as being that important.

Harry_the_Spider

I’m guessing that as a workshop van they aren’t thinking of insulation as being that important.

Especially not if someone has ripped the doors off.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

It actually looks like a nice solution to one person’s requirements. Their talk about the lighting from the LED ceiling makes sense. If only they don’t act as though they’d invented the wheel with a breakthrough. Stuff like this has been around for years, just not as prettily packaged.
    …aaaannnndd breathe.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Not really a workshop is it, its a van full of cabinets full of tools. You could park it on site and setup a work bench etc arround it and create a workshop with it as a hub, a mobile hub if you like…….

Just as any chippy / sparky/plumber has had since vans were a thing ?

tewit
    Free Member

I’ll have to show this to my carpenter mate. See what he thinks. Really can’t see him getting rid of his battered Sprinter for one though.😀

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Nissan NV300 concept van looks like a must for some people on STW…’ is closed to new replies.