Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Nissan NV200 as a bike van?
  • chojin
    Free Member

Anyone have one? I’m looking at possibly getting the combo version as a bike vehicle, just wondering how easy it is to remove the seats etc and what it’s like as a day to day car

chojin
    Free Member

Bump for the night shift

amplebrew

I’ve just bought a Citroen Dispatch after spending a good few weeks looking at numerous vans.

I looked at an NV200, albeit not a combi and I thought they were a bit expensive and not that big to be honest.

chojin
    Free Member

What sort of MPG do you get out of the dispatch? That was on my list, I did want a fairly compact van, the berlingo just isn’t big enough, neither is the transit connect

maccruiskeen

I’d want to know how closely or distantly related the NV200 is to the old Vanette. If its just a restyle then the vanette was truly awful – slow, uncomfortable, noisy and very thirsty for such a small van. The MPV version was pretty much the slowest car money could buy

chojin
    Free Member

I think it’s an entirely new design if I recall? Not 100% sure but saw in a review that it’s nissan’s first van away from the Nissan-Renault alliance, even though it has a Renault engine still

amplebrew

I’ve found the Dispatch to be just like driving and parking a Picasso. It is certainly wider than a Connect, berlingo and NV200 etc.

Citroen reckons on 39.2mpg combined.

I think the fuel tank holds 80 litres (although I’d have to check the handbook) and I’ve got just over 400 miles on half a tank.

I do drive like I’ve got Miss Daisy sat beside me though.

I’ve already made the mistake of buying a van that was too small. I have had a kangoo which was really reliable and cheap to run, but there wasn’t enough room in it; especially if you want to get changed or sleep in it.

The NV200 is a completely different van to the Nissan Delivery / Vanette.

IMG_0034 by Amplebrew, on Flickr

IMG_0068 by Amplebrew, on Flickr

IMG_0065 by Amplebrew, on Flickr

steffybhoy
    Free Member

I currently use a 2010 NV200 1.5 diesel
    It’s quite nippy for a 1.5 engine.
    We also have a bench seat(with fitted seatbelts seats 3) which can be fitted/removed in under 5 minutes, though it is quite heavy. The bench seat is available as an add-on for £875.
    The van has been very reliable, pulls a bike trailer(holds 20bikes) no bother.
    It’s a good effort from nissan totally new with no input from renault unreliability.

chojin
    Free Member

That’s the other thing, I would like to be able to throw a double air bed in the back and use it as an impromptu camper every now and then – would you say it’d be big enough for that?

I like the fact that it’s meant to return 53mpg… I guess I want the smallest van I can get away with that would sleep two people, but also carry a few bikes/kayaks when required…

amplebrew

Based on your last post, I think you’ll need something bigger than an NV200.

Could you borrow one from a dealer for a few hours or at least go and fill one full of stuff to check on size?

I certainly wouldn’t want to go any smaller than our Dispatch.

amplebrew

How often would you use the combi seats and also do you want to sleep two people and carry a few bikes/kayaks whilst the extra seats are in place?

If you need to leave the extra seats in place, I reckon you would need something much bigger, like a MWB Transit or LWB Trafic/Vivaro.

Combi vans from any manufacturer are also usually much more expensive than the van version as well.

chojin
    Free Member

It would be separately generally speaking. I want the ability to fit a few bikes and people in for trips to Wales etc and on different days go camping (sans bikes) with the missus.
    The vast majority of the trips would be me and one bike though, with no camping

amplebrew

If it’s just the two of you, get a standard van. You’re going to pay a lot more and limit your choice going for a combi van just so you can give people lifts on weekends away.

Big-Dave
    Free Member

I was looking at getting a van recently but to get a decent one with lowish mileage the prices were just silly. I suspect the lower speed limits for most vans would get to be irritating too.

I decided the best option was to go for a car variant of a van (in this case a Fiat Qubo and much cheaper than the comparable Citroen and Peugeot van variants). It is big enough for me and my bike and the rear seats come out completely. From what you say above it sounds like you only need space for you and your bike for most of the trips you’ll be doing. Why not just hire a van when needed?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Nissan NV200 as a bike van?’ is closed to new replies.