Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Nissan NV200 as a day van
  • dirkpitt74

Anyone used/converted an MV200 to a day van?
    A mate might be moving his work van on and I’m thinking it might make a decent little bike van.
    Had a look on tinterweb and seen a few full on micro-camper conversions but nothing MTB day van type.
    Anyone done one?
    Did look at Amdro but they don’t do the drop in units like they do for the Berlingo etc.
    Would probably look at putting a 3rd seat in so we could all go out in it.

airvent
    Free Member

They’re properly tiny

big_n_daft
    Free Member

Fuel consumption is pants

dirkpitt74

@big_n_daft

Fuel consumption is pants

Really? That surprises me, thought it would be decent being a small van.

@airvent

They’re properly tiny

Yes, realise they’re on the small side, but should fit a bike length – load area is apparently 6ft.

joshvegas
    Free Member

Really? That surprises me, thought it would be decent being a small van.

My one experience of hiring one was it did seem to empty very quickly, never really bothered as it was getting filled under expenses but it was either really thirsty or had a tiny tank. The doblo I usually had was miles better.

dirkpitt74

Autotrader suggests 55ltr tank and 45+mpg for the 1.5dci.
    Doesn’t seem too bad.

5lab

They’re both small and really built to a budget. I wouldn’t want to spend any significant time in one

andrewh
    Free Member

I did a build in a Hyundai Trajet MPV.
    3/4 bed, well, wide single really but wold sleep two skinny people. Curtains, fridge under the bed. Gas stove for cooking outside, tools and clothes under the bed, two bikes lengthways next to it.
    Looks about the same size as an NV200?
    I think that’s the only picture i have of the inside of it. That was at the end of three weeks in the Alps. It was fine apart from the ants nest which moved in.
    hah

piemonster

Guy I used to run with had one and loved it, used as a day van and occasional “tin tent” but he was definitely a runner, not a biker.

The fact that it was tiny was a bonus in his view as it suited the roads he used better than the VW Transporter Campervan he had beforehand.

No idea about fuel economy, never something I recall he complained about.

airvent
    Free Member

Yes, realise they’re on the small side, but should fit a bike length – load area is apparently 6ft.

It might bit then you won’t fit anything else in the back which defeats the point imo.

dirkpitt74

Thanks, so probably not that well suited then other than just for throwing the bikes in the back.

duncancallum

I like them. K9k 1500 dci motor is a good engine and efficient it’s a Renault unit.

Van size it’s a small van but load bay vs total length it’d better than a cadi maxi.

It’s build quality is good. Materials are cheap however.

From memory 72k cambelt is due so budget for that

mandog

Seems a practical solution to me

avdave2

The doblo I usually had was miles better.

Of course it was, the greatest vehicle ever made. A year since mine was written off, the best car I ever or will ever own. 🙂

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Nissan NV200 as a day van’ is closed to new replies.