Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Nissan navaro/ford ranger/mitsubuishi l200
  • chewkw
    Free Member

I would go for Taliban twin cab Toyota Hilux 3 liter Turbo anytime if I have the £££ or at least Isuzu Invader/Rodeo which is less expensive.

These two are the favorites in Thailand and or the developing countries. They are the workhorse and family “saloon car”.

In Thailand they lower it but in some part of the world (Iceland but they use Toyota Land Cruiser) they jack it up a little to put even bigger tyres.

Slow? LOL! Slight modification (better not for safety reasons & fuel consumption) and you will see how fast it can go.

I want one but can’t afford one …

😀

thefettler
    Free Member
    RS4KEV

As said above, if you don’t need the 4×4 then look for a panel van. I need 4×4 for towing and have a new (D40) Navara. It’s big but easy to drive and with a load extender you can put several bikes in there. Must share paint quality supervisor with Santa Cruz though. So far so good and there are some cracking deals on them at the moment.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    hora
    Free Member

Hora,are you one of those drivers that hates to be overtaken?

No. I do question why someone would drive a heavy high vehicle with ancient rear suspension at over 90mph next to me though!!! 😆

samuri
    Free Member

There’s a guy with a Navara on the corner of our road who is always boasting to our neighbour about how he’s got a 4×4 and come the ice age he’ll still be able to get to work.

This morning we had ooooh, about an inch of snow on the road and I watched him as he drove (I’m assuming with 4×4 engaged) up the road at about 1mph with a line of normal cars behind him. It was a proper fail moment but by the time I’d got upstairs to my camera bag the procession had made it round the corner.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

hora – Member

Hora,are you one of those drivers that hates to be overtaken?

No. I do question why someone would drive a heavy high vehicle with ancient rear suspension at over 90mph next to me though!!! [:lol:]

hora admits speeding – call the rozzers

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

OK, handbags away and back to the thread?

My wife drives a current model Navarra with a truck top to make it a full height load area. We live in highland Scotland and have 5 working dogs, so the Navarra gets driven seriously off road 30-40 days a year.

Bought it new in Sept 06. Test drove against Isuzu (noisy, slow, uncomfortable), Mitsubishi L200 (slower and very wallowing ride). The L200 and Navarra account for about 80% of this market in the UK, so we did not look further. Got the king cab which gives decent seating for 5 people although the rear seats are a bit low so not great for the long legged

Some facts:
    * for something that heavy it is reasonably quick
    * handling/ride are acceptable for something that big and cheap
    * we average about 30mpg, although my wife is not a fast driver
    * it is livable with as an everyday car – she has done 30K miles in 2.5 years.
    * it is as capable off road as anybody except farmers etc would need
    * the current model has a much better turning circle than the old one – no worse than the Discovery it replaced. Having said that, it is a pig to park because it is so long and you can’t see out of the back
    * there have been a few things go wrong like UV joint failing (fixed under warranty), but nothing that stopped it being used
    * brilliant bike carrier. Only ever needed to get 2 bikes and gear in the back – front wheels off. I reckon 4 bikes plus gear would be fine

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Nissan navaro/ford ranger/mitsubuishi l200’ is closed to new replies.