Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)
  • Nissan is taking legal action against Vote Leave campaign
  • rachelmh
    Free Member

Nissan is taking legal action against Vote Leave campaign

Vote Leave have made False statements and misrepresentations towards Nissan, that’s why they’re taking them to court in order for it to stop.

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Sure this is some kind of juke?

Note necessarily.

philxx1975
    Free Member

they need to hurry up it happens tomorrow

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Trimix
    Free Member

🙂

solamanda
    Free Member

They’re making a mountain out of a micrahill.

perchypanther
    Free Member

I’d navara believed it.

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Nissan have their fingers on the political pulse(ar)

perchypanther
    Free Member

Vote Leaf?

wwaswas

There’ll be Bluebirds over the white cliffs of Dover before this gets to court.

aracer
    Free Member

Dats un believable

toppers3933
    Free Member

They’ll Navara get that to stick.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Top wordplay 🙂

Leave campaign is allowed to reference Nissan however they should not have used their logo without permission as that’s subject to a trademark, have had similar issues with presentations I have done. You can mention a copmany by name and speak about it as much as you like buy you cannot use a logo.

Del

all about the Qasqhai’ll warrant

bearnecessities

Jamby, none of your serious comments! Now if you could just shoehorn 300zx turbo into a sentence please.

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Cherry on the top for the leaf party 🙂

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Leave campaign is allowed to reference Nissan however they should not have used their logo without permission as that’s subject to a trademark, have had similar issues with presentations I have done. You can mention a copmany by name and speak about it as much as you like buy you cannot use a logo.

Do you think that Nissan Patrol business premises to see who’s misusing their logo?
    The Cherry on top would be for Nissan to win this and the Leaf campaign to have their Crew run out of town.
    The future does look Sunny.

wilburt
    Free Member

They dont have a prairie.

rockhopper70

The claim is pie in the skyline.

rockhopper70

I showed my son as an example of litigation gone mad, I said,” Dat, son, is wasting the courts time.”

ribena
    Free Member

You can mention a copmany by name and speak about it as much as you like buy you cannot use a logo.

How did you figaro that out? You can, it’s called nominative fair use.
    http://intellectualpropertysolicitor.org/intellectual-property-2/fair-trademark-nominative-fair/

You clearly don’t have you finger on the pulsar with this one.

Dark-Side

ribena – Member
    You can mention a copmany by name and speak about it as much as you like buy you cannot use a logo.
    How did you figaro that out? You can, it’s called nominative fair use.
    http://intellectualpropertysolicitor.org/intellectual-property-2/fair-trademark-nominative-fair/

You clearly don’t have you finger on the pulsar with this one.

Its another Rogue #Jambafact

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

It just had to be the Leaf campaign, didn’t it.

Edit: substantially beaten to it by monkeysfeet and a non-page refresh.

techsmechs
    Free Member

They wont Stanza for it, they’ll come at them with the full force of the Laurel

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

How did you figaro that out?

Ah, that reminds me of one of my two favourite operas. The Marriage of Figaro. The other is Turandot. I just can’t get enough of Nissan Dorma.

garage-dweller

Isn’t there also the issue for Nissan that their views were potentially misrepresented?

I saw the story yesterday and can’t recall exactly but I think Leave used some selective quoting that suggested Nissan was leave but they were in fact more “remain” in outlook.

garage-dweller

I also would hazard a guess that a number of the companies whose logos were used in that photo the article uses are more likely to be neutral or in than they are out.

footflaps

Isn’t there also the issue for Nissan that their views were potentially misrepresented?

Yep they could go for defamation; being associated with leave is bad for anyone….

And yes, Jamba is completely wrong as per usual…

aracer
    Free Member

I’m not sure there is, as no claim is being made about their views on whether we should stay or leaf, simply on whether they’d stay in the UK or note.

wagenwheel

Do you think that Nissan Patrol business premises to see who’s misusing their logo?

No that would last for an an Infiniti

m0rk
    Free Member

I wonder on what grounds they’re suing them. I bet it’s for a massive pile of Qashqai

mikewsmith
    Free Member

rockhopper70 – Member
    I showed my son as an example of litigation gone mad, I said,” Dat, son, is wasting the courts time.”

I assume you would be happy to have some random words you disagree about under a photo of you then?
    Exactly what courts are for in this case, stopping idiots doing what they like regardless of the facts.

wwaswas

*convoluted Datsun pun possibly taken seriously alert*

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Sorry it was so bad I didn’t spot it – not old enough 😉

rkk01
    Free Member

Can we leave this word play thinG T his is a serious issue…

I’d actually like the law to be changed to stop these blatant untruths. In professional life people are bound by the code of conduct of their professional institutions as well as by the letter of the law and various guidelines.

This does not apply to politicians. By all means allow them to bullshit about their future plans, but it’s about time this “lie and lie enough it becomes true” approach was stopped.

I’d personally like to see BJ, Gove, Farage etc sued and taken to the cleaners. Not for I’m being vindictive (although that would be the cream on top), but because that is what any other professional risks when they start to deliberately lie and mislead

rockhopper70

Sorry it was so bad I didn’t spot it – not old enough

Compliment/Insult 😯

ScottChegg
    Free Member

It’s cynically timed for poll day.

Primera-ly

mdavids
    Free Member

Sorry to be dull but joking aside, I’ve seen the internal email stating the companies’ position on this and they really aren’t happy. They’ve repeatedly asked the Leave campaign to stop using the logo and stop misrepresenting them and been ignored.

Official company line is “vote how you like” as they don’t want to be seen getting involved in politics or trying to sway the vote but they have made it quite clear they are very much in the remain camp.

Pretty desperate measures from the leave campaign and very worrying that they need to resort to blatant lies to try and get support.

eat_the_pudding
    Free Member

also dull here :O)
    This is not “in time for polling day” the story and legal action have been out there for over a week but not widely reported for some reason?

I guess comparatively speaking its just a tiny “leave” lie and therefore hardly worth the effort beside the other massive whoppers roaming the landscape?

Remember, as they used to say in Belfast:
    “Vote early, vote often!”

aracer
    Free Member

OK, so I did covered that earlier – the only claim being made on that note is that they’ve said they won’t leaf the UK in the case of Brexit. Is that untrue or is it a juke?

rachelmh
    Free Member

I don’t think Nissan are in the wrong taking action, they’ve told them already to take it down and because they have ignored this it’s gone public.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Nissan is taking legal action against Vote Leave campaign’ is closed to new replies.