Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Nissan Connect – ipod playback?
  • sc-xc

We are about to buy an X-Trail to replace the Puke Joke Juke we have had for the last year.

Looking at the mid ranged n-tec model, which comes with the Nissan Connect satnav/stereo/bluetooth phone thing, but notice that unlike the Juke, the car doesn’t come with a USB socket (we leave a 32g micro stick in there with loads of music on and call it up through the connect system). There is however a jack socket.

My question is, if I plugged an iPod into the jack – would I be able to control song choice etc through the screen of the connect? – or doesn’t the jack carry that sort of data?

I know I could bluetooth, but don’t like hogging my phone memory up with music….

santacruzsi
    Free Member

We have a note n tec (2010) model with Nissan connect, ours has a USB but not sure if the music would go through it, maybe it only charges devices up. Likewise with the 3.5 mm jack I don’t think it would control the connect service; similar to my own BMW when I use the jack cable. Anyway my drivel doesn’t answer your questions so if you leave me to look tomorrow evening ill repost and let you know. If the sat nav doesn’t have the memory card present ( ours didn’t ) you can buy them off ebay for about £15. Don’t pay dealer prices.

The Connect in my Navara has usb, Bluetooth, 3.5mm jack, dvd player/cd player and hard drive that automatically records any cd you put in the slot – with gracenote that has all the track listings to tag to the album. I’m pretty certain that a 3.5mm jack will not give you any control though.

Sadly they seem to have made the Connect system considerably worse over the last couple of years though 🙁

sc-xc

Cheers. Might have to go for the Tekna model then…can’t go back to having CDs/no Ipod control!

santacruzsi
    Free Member

Hello just checked the connect system;

3.5mm jack just plays audio, no controls besides volume, no “next track” etc..

If you can find a USB slot then this is fully functional with music titles etc and can be controlled from steering wheel etc..

Hope this helps.

BoardinBob

I know I could bluetooth, but don’t like hogging my phone memory up with music….

Spotify. I’ve got a Juke and I connect my android phone through the connect system and play everything via Spotify

sc-xc

Cheers santacruzsi…as I feared 🙁

Thanks for checking.

Bob – as it happens I have just signed up for spotify premium….will give that a try. Do you stream, or store songs locally?

BoardinBob

Stream and store stuff I’m playing most locally

sc-xc

Cheers.

Even got Rev Hammer’s latest album on there 8)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Nissan Connect – ipod playback?’ is closed to new replies.