Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • nintendo labo
  • Klunk
    Free Member

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UmRhLA3Qzk[/video]

is it outside or inside the box ?

Drac

Interesting but how robust will they be?

RustySpanner

Drac, were you bitten by a SNES as a child?

🙂

richmars

Interesting but how robust will they be?

Does it matter? Surely it’s designed to be cheap and fairly recyclable. Plus it gets children making things, which must be good.

Kamakazie

It’s cardboard so it’s not gonna be hugely robust unless they treat / laminate the stuff.

Better for it to be cheap and recyclable as above because I can’t see interest in the individual items lasting particularly long. That’s not a problem though as most the fun is probably in the making.

I think it looks excellent.

km79
    Free Member

Is there a price yet? Looks a good idea as long as it’s not a rip off for a bit of printed carboard.

legend
    Free Member

Rusty Spanner – Member

Drac, were you bitten by a SNES as a child?

The Sponge be sponging.

simon_g

I love the idea. I’ve been a sucker for weird video game controllers but much it is plastic tat that will eventually end up as landfill. The better cardboard packaging you get now (to reduce polystyrene) shows it can be plenty strong enough if folded together in the right way. These, unfolded, will hardly take up any space and when you’re done they can go in the recycling. Should be cheap enough to replace if a kid jumps on them too.

I have a 3 year old who is fast approaching a good age for this. I suspect the next price drop will be enough to tempt me to pick up a Switch (although I do have a long flight in a few months so may cave before then).

I remember reading about Nintendo hiring a lot of creative talent from outside the videogame industry in recent years. So glad we get more of this in the swamp of first-person shooters.

This tweet made me laugh this morning:

NINTENDO: Nintendo Labo is for kids and those that like kid stuff!
    ADULT GAMER: Okay, but what if I don’t want it?
    NINTENDO: Totally fine. It’s for kids.
    ADULT GAMER: Yes, but cardboard? Really? Not in my game room!
    NINTENDO: It’s for kids.
    ADULT GAMER: But how is it for me?

Drac

The Sponge be sponging.

No.

It’s genuine point, yes they’re supposed to be cheap but elastic bands and cardboard. If they last a few months great but if they last a couple of days then seems pointless.

As I say it’s an interesting concept.

gnusmas

That looks great!

G-2 would love this, he is 9 but loves to make stuff and is quite hands on so this sort of gaming would really appeal to him.

He has saved about a third of what he needs to buy one between birthday and xmas money. Hopefully he will have one this year at some point, he is really saving hard to get one.

km79
    Free Member

Is there a price yet? Looks a good idea as long as it’s not a rip off for a bit of printed carboard.

Ansewring my own question here.

The Labo line starts with two products: a “Variety kit” with several accessories for $70, and that robot suit for $80. (Being Iron Man ain’t cheap.)

Looks like a piss take.

AlexSimon

I guess there are some games in there too? Must be for the robot one.
    I don’t think I’ll be buying at that price (assuming £=$ ratio), but you never know…

hammyuk
    Free Member

Is it just me that had to read the thread title twice?……

Drac

The intial outlay for Labo isn’t necessarily that cheap, given that the headline component is something that could go in a recycling bin: the Variety Kit, which contains the piano, the insect, the fishing rod and other models, will retail at $69.99; the stand-alone robot outfit will be a bit more at $79.99. What you’re paying for in large part, though, is the software, since Nintendo has stated that it’ll replace the bits of cardboard that will inevitably get broken during bouts of play.

If they do honour replacements then that’s not so bad.

ocrider

We love cardboard toys in our house

jamj1974

Looks interesting and different – something Nintendo do well.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Looks cool. Price is a bit spicy. Presume cheaper in a year or so.

simon_g
    n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

£60 for some cardboard… I’ll take 10! 😯 😯 😯

stevemuzzy
    Free Member

They hve even put “con” in the name….
    Still looks awesome and might make us buy a switch for the wee ones…

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Their Tank Commander set is pretty good

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘nintendo labo’ is closed to new replies.