Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Niner EMD
  • Nipper99
    Free Member

Anyone have one of these – any good?

Nipper99
    Free Member

Anyone ?

bikebouy
    Free Member

There are a few of us Ninerds on here, sadly mines a One9 scandium SS, bump the thread up again surely you’ll get answers.

What do you want to know?

flatfish
    Free Member

Wife’s got one.
    She like’s it.

JRTG
    Free Member

Had one and have a one9 still (had both for a bit)

Rides great, light, cheap (for a niner) and rides great (yep needs to be there twice).

Susie
    Free Member

No, but had a scandium Air 9 which I loved, but it broke. Was replaced under warranty with the new Air 9 and I love that too.

matt_outandabout

I had one, it was nicked..
    Great bike, converted me to 29ers.
    Pretty rigid, but not the worst I have been on. Lightish, well finished , some nice details.
    I had the mk1 Reba’s with qr on, and they were far too flexy.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/matt_outandabout/sets/72157603801792946/

IvanDobski
    Free Member

I’ve got a One9 which I believe is the same geometry, run it as a rigid singlespeed and really like it. I don’t think you can forks longer than 100mm so it’s never going to be a LT HT but I’ve taken mine over gatesgarth, nan bield etc with no ill effects so it would easily make a nice light trail bike.

takisawa2

I have a SIR.9, & it’s a great bike.
    Not sure if the geometry is the same.
    Mine runs an 80mm Reba.
    Rides lovely.
    Honestly don’t miss a FS.
    Wouldn’t swap it except for a new one.

Nipper99
    Free Member

Ta folks – just aquired one on ebay!

Planning to get the Niner carbon fork for a rigid set up.

IvanDobski
    Free Member

A wise choice. If you want a set of black niner finishing kit (bar/stem/post) let me know, I’ve got a spare set I’ve been meaning to sell.

jimbothejetset
    Free Member

I have an EMD9, had it for about three months. Absolutely brilliant frame. Built mine 1 x 10 with 100mm travel. Fast light and very down hill capable. You won’t be disappointed.

bikebouy
    Free Member

So, my One9 is powder blue scandium and fitted to be as light as reasonably possible. It rides really nice and I have covered some pretty bumpy terrain on it including such trails like Stainburn and Nidderdale Loop and all sorts of South Coast trail hunting. Raced it too, done SSUK events on it etc. and it’s been one of the most reliable and fun bikes I’ve owned. Fitted with Niners matching carbon rigid forks, Niner carbon bars/stem, SRAM Xo, Stans etc. (though going carbon sometime this year)
    Light, flicky, fast, comfortable, grin inducing.. not a lot else to say really.
    Glad you bought one, post pics when done. Mines posted on here a number of times in threads like the QECP Conditions and MTG’s Post a Pic of yer bike near/on/doing threads he used to run..

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Niner EMD’ is closed to new replies.