Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Niner Air9 Chain Guide Help
  • Napalm
    Free Member

Hi, can anyone recommend a chain guide for running 1 x 10 on a Niner Air9?

I’m using the rear clutch to help with chain tensioning but I don’t trust it on its own. I’d like to replace the front mech with a simple chain guide.
    The seatpost diammeter is 34.9 and it flares out towards the bottom bracket and it means that a ‘Paul Components Chain Keeper’ does not go low enough down the seatpost to meet the chain.

Thanks for looking.

Dyffers
    Free Member

I’ve managed to get my Paul chain keeper to work 1×9 but its at a jaunty angle rather than flat completely covering the chain. I just can’t be bothered to buy a different chain device and sell the Paul one.

That said, I also have a clutch mech ready to get fitted as have realised a top chain device alone isn’t enough when it gets really rocky.

ratherbeintobago

What about if you use the Paul extension bar?

Dyffers
    Free Member

That’s neat. Now, if it was just a third of the price and available to buy in the UK…

Napalm
    Free Member

Wow, that extension bar is spot on and I wouldn’t waste the investment in the Chain Keeper. Thanks.

ratherbeintobago

That’s neat. Now, if it was just a third of the price and available to buy in the UK…

Ahem. Still not all that cheap though.

Napalm
    Free Member

You’re right and then there’s the USA postal charges too.
    Back to the drawing board.

ratherbeintobago

That link I posted was to a UK stockist (London fixie nichemiesters Brick Lane Bikes) who want £20 plus £4 postage for it – not cheap but equally much less than eg. buying a high mount E13 XCX+. And no US postal charges.

Napalm
    Free Member

Thank you for that, I didn’t spot that.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Niner Air9 Chain Guide Help’ is closed to new replies.