Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • Nikon D90 or D300
  • lorax

fontmoss – I was at Fixation in Vauxhall last week getting my D80’s sensor cleaned and they had a second hand D200 for something like £340 – might be worth giving them a call

RudeBoy
    Free Member

I suspect Nikon will be bringing out a more ‘affordable’ full-frame (36x24mm sensor) SLR some time soon. The F700 is £1700, and the D3 is £3k+!!! A, ‘FX’ model about the £1000 mark would be the dogs. Then, I could use all my lovely old lenses at their proper focal lengths.

fontmoss
    Free Member

ohhh! email sent to them, ta for the info

dammit just missed out on a 24mm lens, bugger pipped me to the post

stevemakin

If you really only want image quality at low iso’s then consider a 2nd hand D2xs, its still considred to give the best image quality of all the APC sized sensor Nikons, for what its worth I use both a D2xs and a D300, the D300 is a country mile ahead in the higher iso stakes but for landscapes I still use the D2xs.

fontmoss
    Free Member

id prefer good quality throughout the range to be honest and not sure id sacrifice lesser image quality at higher iso for better images at lower iso its just that i find myself taking a fair amount of pics in low light and on the d40 i feel that with care pics at 800 are fair but at 1600 tend to be pretty bad. if you wouldnt mind id be interested to know more of what you think of the respective bodies though, email in profile if thats more convenient btw

fontmoss
    Free Member

just looked at the price of a d2x. ahem maybe i should clarify the draw of the d200 is the compromise between price and performance/control

having said that away from ebay there are a couple of d2xs for about 500

god thats prob still too much :'(

lorax

having looked around on their website if there’s a specific project you could always rent from Fixation, or of course from others. I’m looking for a camera for daily use, so it wouldn’t work for me, but I might well do it to get the use of an unaffordable lens for a few days

theginjaninja
    Free Member

I got the Sigma 17-70 off eBay for around £200. Good lens for the price.

Linky

fontmoss
    Free Member

i think i possibly may have represented myself? im looking for an upgrade from my d40, it wouldn’t be for a while but i was wondering what people thought of different bodies. i def dont have specific projects to shoot for, a quick look on my flickr should assure people of my (lack of) quality!

fontmoss
    Free Member

id prefer the 18-50 constant 2.8 but thats another 100..

vinnie
    Free Member

You could wait a bit for the D400 when it comes out say FX with 1080P video rumers. Or wait and get the D300 once the D400 is out.

For me I would like FX of the D700 with the low noise high ISO. But still I don’t think twice about running the D300 at 1600 ISO.

conkerman
    Free Member

Spend the money on glass dude. Faster glass is probably more useful than bumping iso.

Conks

vinnie
    Free Member

For me I have a nice selection of glass.

Sigma 28-70 F2.8 Nikon 80-200 2.8 Nikon 50mm 1.4 Sigma 70mm 2.8 macro Tamron 200-400 F5.6
    Nikon 18-200VR 1.4x convertor and 2x convertor.

I would still like nice fast ultra wide and been thinking about the Sigma 50-150 F2.8 plus a couple more flash guns.
    and the Sigma 10mm would be nice to play with.

fontmoss
    Free Member

I have a nice selection of glass.

yes. yes you do.

yeah glass is first priority. hows the sigma 28-70? nikon 16-85 is awesome range but id want a 2.8 🙁

-bought a cheap 28 already got a 50 so once ive used those properly ill have an idea of what fixed lens to put proper money behind

theginjaninja
    Free Member

Wow prices have gone up a bit recently.

Going to save up for the D400 if and when it gets released.

Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘Nikon D90 or D300’ is closed to new replies.