Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Night rides in the Oxfordshire area?
  • Danno72
    Free Member

As the winter rolls in I’m finding it hard to get the boys out riding. I’m toying with the idea of night rides. I regularly ride in the Chilterns but looking for any where in Oxfordshire or near Banbury.

PePPeR

Every Wednesday night from Kineton if you get stuck they generally do Road and mtb ride.

Danno72
    Free Member

That’s not to far from home PePPeR. Time? Meeting place? How much of it is off road? Cheers

PePPeR

Not sure about how muchos off road especially at this time of year. But they depart from little Kineton at 7 every Wednesday evening and always include at least one pub!

gavinpearce
    Free Member

You could try these guys: http://www.oldblokesonbikes.co.uk

Danno72
    Free Member

Thanks gavinpearce will give the old boys a try.

jkomo

Let me know how it goes, I might tag along.

Danno72
    Free Member

jkomo I’ve emailed them and they sound like a fun buch and do a few events and weekend trips to trail centers. Where are you based?

jkomo

Just south of Banbury.

Danno72
    Free Member

Where do you ride?

tymbian
    Free Member

I’m based in Kings Sutton & would be interested in tagging along or indeed sort our own night ride out…where are you based Danno

gaberin
    Free Member

In Central Oxford UBYK do Wednesday night rides, great fun!

Danno72
    Free Member

I’m based in Kings Sutton & would be interested in tagging along or indeed sort our own night ride out…where are you based Danno

I’m based in Banbury. Really looking to do off road night rides which might be a little difficult around our area as it gets really sticky (unless you’ve found some good routes?). I know the Chilterns pretty well and often ride on my own but for safety would like to ride with others at night. Let me know if you’re up for it and we can sort something out.

Danno72
    Free Member

In Central Oxford UBYK do Wednesday night rides, great fun!

Are they off road rides gaberin?

gardron
    Free Member

The Ubyk rides are offroad (as much as they can be). It’s out from central oxford so not exactly bombing down BPW, but normally up boars hill type of area and round as much singletrack as they can find.

Danno72
    Free Member

Thanks gardron might be an option.

tymbian
    Free Member

Hi Danno, defo interested. my email address is in my profile. drop me a line and we can swap tel. numbers…

oliverracing

witney mtb club do a Tuesday and Thursday night ride – quite good routes and two groups most days for different speeds

Danno72
    Free Member

Thanks oliverracing that sounds like a good place to start. Cheers

Danno72
    Free Member

Just bought some lights so good to go!

Trimix
    Free Member

I belong to a local group and we ride Tue and Thu in the Chilterns.

Last night it was still dry and leaftastic.

PM me if you want to tag along.

Richie_B

I work down in Banbury during the week if anyone is up for evening road rides during the week I would be definitely interested (sorry the office are happy for me to store my road bike here but draw the line at my mtb)

Trimix
    Free Member

A chap was telling me there is some sketchy stuff up on Edge Hill just north of Banbury – have you tried it ?

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Night rides in the Oxfordshire area?’ is closed to new replies.