Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Nigel Kennedy
  • RobHilton
    Free Member

Anyone at his concert last night/seeing him in the week?

Holy shit he can rock out on an electric violin!! Proper shredding ! I didn’t even know that was possible with a violin – seen it done plenty with electric guitars, but with a violin it was a real eye-opener 😯

Thankfully the first half & the encore were acoustic – it all being (largely) electric instruments would have done my nut it.

His version of Cashmere was a bit much for most of the audience, I think – very intense!

allthepies
    Free Member

Cardigan ?

simondbarnes

Cashmere? Seriously?

RobHilton
    Free Member

Well, most of the audience were wearing double knits or velour.

bedmaker

Holy shit he can rock out on an electric violin!! Proper shredding !

He’s a bit of a wolf in sheeps clothing.

CountZero

Cardigan

Cardiff, surely?

whitestone
    Free Member

I’ve always thought that it would sound amazing played on a number of cellos, the deeper tones would suit it.

slowoldman

I’ve followed Nige since his early years in tails. First concert I saw him do with the Halle he wiped down the strings of his fiddle with an Aston Villa scarf and finished with an encore of the theme tune to Match of the Day. Had a chat with him in Cox’s bar after the gig (where all the band used to drink) – a lovely bloke.

Whatever kind of music he feels like playing he carries off brilliantly. I’ve never seen him wearing cashmere though.

bodgy
    Free Member

Bloody love a bit of Nige. That said, these guys also kick arse:
    [video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uT3SBzmDxGk[/video]

Sandwich

Here you go Whitestone
    [video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIrYjUnNvGE[/video]

jambalaya
    Free Member

Saw him as a stand in after Mark Knopfler fell off his boke a broke his wrist. He was probabky quite good but I was so grumpy about missing Knopfler he had no chance.

lovewookie

He’d come jam occasionally at the Lamb in Malvern when he lived there, so the regulars (and occasionally me) got to know him. Seen him more in social situations than playing properly as a result.
    Always a nice bloke, respectful to the other musicians (i.e. he let the bongo player do his thing…;-)) and I do remember one time he had a ‘duelling banjo’s’ moment playing with Sons of Spock during their version of Hey Joe. needless to say, Nige on his electric violin won. By a mile.

mefty
    Free Member

He’s 60

BigJohn

I’ve chatted to him in the directors’ box at Villa Park. Quite liked him. He was the only one who was let in without a tie.

136stu
    Free Member

[video]https://youtu.be/aYi1273aXRE?list=RD31o4A5gSi3U[/video]

Ed Alleyne-Johnson

globalti
    Free Member

He plays classical music with a sensitivity that is beyond any other player.

martinhutch

Well, most of the audience were wearing double knits or velour.

I imagine they were expecting Ramble On.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Nigel Kennedy’ is closed to new replies.