Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Nicolai Photo Thread
  • steve_b77
    Free Member

As there’s more and more Nicolais knocking around on here, I thought I’d start a show us yours thread.

Anyhow, this is mine – a Helius CC, it’s my 2nd one and it’s awsum 😆

Sometimes it sports a Joplin, others a normal EA70 post. Sometimes a 65mm stem on others (longer marathon type rides) a 90mm EA70 one, and a variety of tyres depending on the terrain/weather.

To be fair I have to make an effort to ride my Cove Handjob since building this one up :mrgreen:

giantjason
    Free Member

here is my AC. Great bike, shame i have been so busy at work as i have done very little miles on it.

neninja
    Free Member

Helius CC – same as pictured apart from now running a Rubber Queen front tyre, wider Easton Haven bars and Twenty6 Prerunner pedals.

geetee1972
    Free Member

Must I?

This is the part of my ‘internet geeking’ that my wife just doesn’t get. When she asks ‘why are you taking pictures of my bike you sad bastard?’ I lie and say it’s to keep a record for insurance purposes 😳

ahsat

It seems a bit rude to post it twice in such short succession, but as I am now part of the ‘club’, why not!

Nicolai Helius CC by ahsatb, on Flickr

geetee1972
    Free Member

You knock yourself right out Ashat! Hell you should post another one from a different angle and under different lighting conditions just for the hell of it! No one would begrudge you!

ianpinder
    Free Member

ian by ianpindir, on Flickr

DSC00028 by ianpindir, on Flickr

IMG_0249 by ianpindir, on Flickr

IMG_0257 by ianpindir, on Flickr

Waiting for my next one……

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

It’s like being at Leith Hill! 😀

ianpinder
    Free Member

Geetee I want those wheels!!!!!

elliott-20
    Free Member

Damn, this thread really hasn’t helped the fact I want a Helius AC so bad.

soulwood
    Free Member

soulwood
    Free Member

As above recently blinged with Magura Louise carbon brakes, because its worth it for the colour of the levers and calipers alone! No seriously very powerful brakes.

geetee1972
    Free Member

Geetee I want have to have those wheels even if I have to sell something like a kidney or a small child into bondage to afford them!!!!!

Fixed it for you

ianpinder
    Free Member

Might have to come look at yours first though…..

warton
    Free Member

ianpinder, have you got four of them? all at the same time?

geetee1972
    Free Member

Might have to come look at yours first though…..

You’re welcome to try them! 😀 Even if you total them, they are warrantied!

ianpinder
    Free Member

warton, no, the first two were stolen…….

geetee, can i take you up on the offer….. are you bolt through rear?

geetee1972
    Free Member

No sorry mate QR but you should just try riding my bike. Send me a mail and we can sort it out. I should be able to spring it for you.

shredder
    Free Member

My 2011 Helius CC superb bike and very capable in all its travel settings.

rto
    Free Member

A couple of questions for the CC owners if I may.

I emailed Nicolai Germany a while back asking about options for the CC and the chap who replied hinted that it was obsolete and I should think of a AC instead. I also noticed that the UK distributor is clearing CC stock and it’s not in the catalogue any more. So if it is about to disappear how does it compare to the AC?

Secondly what travel forks work well?

Ambrose

Bike lift by [url=http://www.flickr.com

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

Ambrose

Nice 🙂

Saddle is the wrong way around though, and the grass needs cutting. And there are no logos on the tyres to line up with the missing valves…

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

…the CC and the chap who replied hinted that it was obsolete and I should think of a AC instead. I also noticed that the UK distributor is clearing CC stock and it’s not in the catalogue any more. So if it is about to disappear how does it compare to the AC?

The CC design is older than most of the rest of the range but while it still gets ordered they’ll keep making them. It’s in the 2011 catalogue and remains on the website. Our clearance has been of frames that are cosmetically different but have the same geometry – we overstocked a while back before Nicolai changed to bolt on cable guides.

The CC has true adjustable travel and can be run with forks from under 100mm up to 140mm – match the front and rear travel and the geometry stays largely the same whether you run as a 100mm racer with a low bottom bracket or a 140/130 trailbike with clearance for rock gardens. Running them unequal allows you to get a steeper or slacker head angle as you prefer.

The AC has a lower bottom bracket and isn’t intended to be run with forks shorter than 140mm. Adjusting the rear travel doesn’t change the geometry. The newer Nicolai frames work in this way as Nicolai found very few riders made use of the facility. However, those that do want the ‘one bike to rule them all’ are still choosing the CC.

Secondly what travel forks work well?

140 or 150mm for the AC.
    Anything from 90mm to 140mm for the CC.

wynne
    Free Member

Here’s my Argon FR – lightish build.

messiah
    Free Member

Here’s my Argon FR – lightish build

New pants please 😳

chilli
    Free Member

My Nic AM at Golspie 2 weeks ago, i loves it!

Bottom of Lactic Ladder Golspie by paul winterbottom, on Flickr

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Nicolai Photo Thread’ is closed to new replies.