Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Nicolai goes Nathan Barley, or somewhere the sun doesn’t shine?
  • stwhannah

Nicolai has either out Rapha-ed Rapha and beaten all the gravel marketing hyperbole into sand, or they’ve created the bicycle industry equivalent of The Thick Of It.

By stwhannah

Get the full story on our front page at:

Nicolai goes Nathan Barley, or somewhere the sun doesn’t shine?

Support us and help us keep the content flowing by becoming a full member.

voodoo-rich

Awesome, looking forward to the 27.5 year anniversary already!

binners

Totally Mexico, yeah?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    ads678

I found it funny, Hopefully I was supposed to.

stwhannah

‘The book will be delivered laying down’

I’d love to know which postal service guarantees this. I can barely get anything delivered whole, never mind a specified orientation.

multi21
    Free Member

keep it foolish

thenorthwind

I really hope this is a German attempt at humour.
    If not, the “we only make bikes out of aluminium, because carbon and the environment” is really worrying.

jameso

I think that is a brilliantly dry and genuinely amusing poke at some of the pretense around from other brands, as well as showing off the creativity at Nicolai well. Way beyond what I expected and 5 mins well spent. Applause..

kelvin

The work that’s gone into that! And then to promote it that way! Great work Nicolai people.

misteralz
    Free Member

Fantastic. German sense of humour. 😀

willard

My god! That is fantastic. I want one, so badly. Just… because.

I love leaving stuff around the house (my GF hates it), but something like that is perfect. It’s, no, it’s just perfect. I may need a better coffee table just to rest it on.

matt_outandabout

I may need a better coffee table just to rest it on.

Handmade from Nicolai frames.
    Slack custom geometry.
    Odd graphics.
    Win.

matt_outandabout

Another question: every brand goes racing. But I have never seen a Nicolai DH or Enduro team or frames under other riders – am I mistaken?

a11y

Another question: every brand goes racing. But I have never seen a Nicolai DH or Enduro team or frames under other riders – am I mistaken?

You’ve obviously not seen me on mine hurrying to the brewery at the end of evening rides 🙂

Jordan

@Hannah Dobson

‘The book will be delivered laying down’
    I’d love to know which postal service guarantees this. I can barely get anything delivered whole, never mind a specified orientation.

As a postie I can guarantee that if a book is packaged in a book shaped package it will land somewhere near your door in a layed down position. How near to your door, I cannot guarantee!

tall_martin

https://m.pinkbike.com/news/one-vision-race-ready-for-2018.html

Jack reading raced on Nicolai for a while. He seems to have moved to commencal. I looked like he was a privateer so I’m not sure if that covers the brand going racing or if he just got a/ some discount on the frames.

Mat

Well weapon!

Northwind

thenorthwind

If not, the “we only make bikes out of aluminium, because carbon and the environment” is really worrying.

I can’t decide if it’s all a joke or not, but if it is, then this might well be a swipe at Pole.

Obviously the real reason Nicolai only build with aluminium is because the only reason anyone buys them is for the welds and anodising.

cookeaa

welshfarmer

Listening to the German with the subtitles turned off, the underlying humour/irony/taking the piss is very evident. Nicely done.

cookeaa

I don’t think they’re being ironic, or having a pop at anyone else. Just deftly missing the point, TBF Nicolai was never a brand for “thinkers”.

But for €95 they will sell you 2.5kg of dead tree covered in a quarter century of their promotional imagery… Bet the pages smell nice though.

misteralz
    Free Member

@welshfarmer, yep, that was very much the impression I got too.

big_scot_nanny

That is fabulous. The provision of sticky notes to mark pages is genius. Genuine LOLz. Well done Nicolai!

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.