Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • nice places to eat central london
  • karnali
    Free Member

need a recommendation for a meal monday night, don’t get to the big smoke ery often, just a meal as i am donw for a meeting the next day – somewhere central

cheers

djglover
    Free Member

what kind of food, price, location?

timnwild

There’s a placce called Arbutus in Frith St, Soho, which looks incredibly posh from the outside but isn’t – great service, fantastic food and the set menu for three courses at dinner should be less than 20 quid, which fir any gaff in Soho is amazing, but for cooking at their standard is downright brilliant.

For something slightly more relaxed, try CAfe Boheme on Old COmpton St – proper French bistro – great steak and chips, club sandwiches, proper hearty stuff.

theflatboy
    Free Member

without an idea of area or cuisine or price, there are literally thousands of options…

kimbers

there is a chinese opposite the mayors building but cant be more specific!

or ridizo rico in wesbourne grove,brazilian !

gaucho grill in picadilly circus, steak mmmmm

take them up the oxo tower?

fauxbyfour
    Free Member

Brasserie Roux on Pall Mall. You should get in and out for £100 a head.

theflatboy
    Free Member

there is a chinese opposite the mayors building but cant be more specific!

dim t, i believe? nice spot that – specially when the weather’s nice. not really somewhere you’d go out of your way to go, though.

karnali
    Free Member

ah sorry more psecific around 20 max type of cuisine not too bothered, will try most things just want to go somehwere that poeple say is nice rather than pic a place at random. do love nepali food.
    location i’m staying in bayswater but can catch a tube or walk to anywhere in zone 1/2

ta

kimbers

or ridizo rico in wesbourne grove,brazilian !

not far from bayswater

RudeBoy
    Free Member

There’s a nice Rasa’s in Rathbone ST, W1, which shoon’t be too far from you, actually.

There’s got to be some nice Arab/Middle Eastern places on Edgware road, just a stone’s throw. As well as on Queensway. Further down, in Notting Hill, you’ll find places, too.

TBH, just walk about a bit, find somewhere with a fair few people in it, which should be an indication of it’s standard, and enjoy!

Lanesra
    Free Member

Maroush 1 (belly dancers) or Maroush Gardens (posh maroush) the meze is to die for and can’t be beaten (both at the bottom of Edgware Road).

If you want to spend more locanda locatelli or Scotts are the best restaurants

I live in W1 if you need more info can msg me

djglover
    Free Member

Well at that price point I can’t recommend anywhere central ‘cos I’d usually stay local, but if you fancy a bit of a trip to zone 3 this curry place is amazing

atlaz
    Free Member

Bodeans on Poland Street in Soho is always one of my favourite spots for a quick bite when I’m around there for a meeting. Serves American style barbeque.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘nice places to eat central london’ is closed to new replies.