Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Nice online sofa shops?
  • MussEd
    Free Member

By nice I mean dear. Wife wants new settees, wants to spend some of her hard earned on good quality furniture. Any recommendations? Looked at made.com and a couple of others I can’t remember now any others we might not have heard of?

Ps DFS etc aren’t on her list…

tthew

Why online? It’s a massive risk when you can’t see the quality of the fabric, firmness of the cushions, height of the seat etc. etc. etc.

I buy stuff online regularly, but expensive furniture isn’t something I’d take a punt on.

druidh
    Free Member

+1

matt_outandabout

+2
    We just bought two new ones after 17 years of having a pair of bargain corner Ikea sofa’s…having been and sat on (more than) a few, you do *need* to go and sit, slouch and look at them. A LOT of money and stuck with them for a time if you get it wrong.
    FWIW, we ended up wanting the John Lewis one mostly, but then Debenhams(!) had a silly cheap sale, and they were so almost as good, at 1/3 the cost…They arrive next week 🙂

takisawa2

After much trawling we bought a 2 & 3 seater set by Natuzzi.
    Lovely. Not cheap, but after seeing the tat on offer at DFFS I’m glad we waited.

MussEd
    Free Member

Online because going to a shop looking at furniture is the most soul destroying thing I can think of and I have to take part in the process…and logistically a nightmare too. Plus we’ve been to everywhere decent round here inc J Lewis… No-one got anywhere to recommend?

MussEd
    Free Member

Double post

clubber
    Free Member

sofasofa.com have been good for us.

they also have showrooms if you need them.

MussEd
    Free Member

Sofa sofa and natuzzi shall be investigated. Thanks lads. Btw I appreciate the whole not seeing them in the flesh type argument but online is the way were going with this. It just is!

grey_or_black

I got my furniture from Odeon way back in 2003. It wasn’t a bargain – £800 for a 2-seat sofa bed and a 2 seat settee, but it was still in good condition when I got rid of it when I moved house. I had it Scotchguarded by the manufacturer, which may have helped.

Everyone who visited said how comfy they found the furniture, even the couple I know who must have visited every furniture in the high street and out of town, and eventually bought from M&S!

The problem I see with going furniture shopping is that it will either happen when you’re either too tired because of all the shopping you’ve been doing, and find anything comfy, or you become jaded by it all, and do not gauge properly whether the seat are comfortable enough to sit still whilst you watch telly or read a book for a few hours.

Set a budget, decide on colours, fabric, size (important!) and it’s going to be much easier. Do something else less boring instead.

scaredypants

I use wicker outdoor sofas for all my sitting needs – you can even get one for your bike too

try here

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Nice online sofa shops?’ is closed to new replies.