Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • nice gym kit
  • MSP

In order to give myself a mental boost to get into the gym, I want to buy myself some nice kit.

So who does some nice gym kit for fat bastards the more powerful athlete (bearing in mind I have problems buying clothes big enough in normals shops, I would normally expect to need a xxxl in standard sizes). Looking for nice comfortable materials, stylish but understated and no stupid humongous logo’s. I don’t mind paying for quality within reason.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I’ve always used Ron Hill (from way back when “tracksters” were a thing)
    Still love the stuff, it’s worth having a peak at IMO.

km79
    Free Member

Under Armour have some decent kit for the larger chap.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

My protein.com.
    Or look on Affordable Supplements.

dmck16
    Free Member

Can’t comment with regards to larger sizing since I’m a bit of a racing snake ( 8) )

But all the Asics kit I have has lasted really well – mainly their tshirts and trainers. The materials feel really nice to wear.

RDL-82
    Free Member

Can’t comment on sizes at the upper end and how big they go but I think the decathlon stuff is very good (l/xl here)

Have used/use both the Kipsta (cheap range as far as I can tell but no complaint here and lasted better than the expensive Under Armour stuff I had) and the Kalenji stuff which is their running gear but find to be a really good fit and longevity and perfect for training beyond running.

joebristol

I’m a sucker for nice Nike kit to be fair – both shorts and t shirts. Like their technical t shirts that are a light breathable material and come in bright colours. Same with their trainers – for gym I always buy Nike (although for running I always buy Brooks Adrenaline GTS – which often look minging but they fit my feet well).

somouk
    Free Member

Under Armour do some nice things. I’m a big lad and have no issues with their XXL stuff fitting, nike normally comes up well or if you fancy plush Gym kit check out Gym Shark. I’ve never seen if they do bigger sizes though.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

I find decathlon kit very nice and very cheap! Not sure about sizing though

riddoch

cheap decathlon t-shirt used to come up small or at least were athletic fit.
    I had a nike running top that lasted really well (5+ years) only got rid of it I was running less and grew out of it as it were. 😀
    Current running shirt is under armour and that seems to be holding up well.

BillOddie

I’m a reasonably big person 6ft1 and a “not fat” 100kg.

I LOVE my Under Armour stuff, either get it from Wiggle or direct from their site (free delivery and free returns).

For normal T-shirts I take an XL but in UA stuff I’m a Large, so it does come up bigger.

If you are after shoes for gym stuff that involves powerlifting (squats/deadlifts) or olympic lifts (cleans/snatches/etc) then have a look at Nike Metcons or Reebok Nanos. I have both and prefer the Nanos as they are slightly wider.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

I don’t know about the larger sizes but my TCA gym kits seems nicer than the under armor stuff I have, which I bought from Amazon.

Coyote
    Free Member

I’m a boring medium but another vote for UA gym stuff. Seems to last well despite frequent washing. Also an honourable mention for Decathlon kit. Bought a few bits and pieces of them over the years and ave never been disappointed.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I find decathlon kit very nice and very cheap! Not sure about sizing though

+1, sizing is average to athletic but they list it in inches and cm which are accurate.

My only gripe is the t-shirts are mostly slightly short, I’d rather they were longer to avoid riding up.

slowoldman

Ron Hill here too, but I’m of a certain age – still own Walsh PBs.

tails
    Free Member

The Nike shorts I’ve got are a world apart from the Lidl ones I also have. Not sure on the sizing but I’m sure most places do returns.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

I don’t know about the larger sizes but my TCA gym kits seems nicer than the under armor stuff I have, which I bought from Amazon.

and a mate, who is now so fit his girlfriend exclaimed ‘Ow’ the last time she tried to slap him on the butt, also independently bought the TCA stuff as he reckoned it was better than his UA gear.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘nice gym kit’ is closed to new replies.