• This topic has 88 replies, 34 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by reeksy.
Viewing 9 posts - 81 through 89 (of 89 total)
  • Nice Cranks – What Options?
  • appltn

I actually used 120 and 600 grade wet & dry paper in the end, I couldn’t find a proper scotchbrite pad at the local shop.

ndthornton
    Free Member

They look lovely..Good effort 👌

a11y

Those do look nice! Convinced me that’s another bit of tarting I can attempt for my bike…

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    appltn

Those do look nice! Convinced me that’s another bit of tarting I can attempt for my bike…

Go for it! I’ve been considering it for ages (and making lists of raw finish cranks that I might one day buy but never actually doing it) and it turned out to be a relatively quick and easy process – I squeezed it in between meetings and then about an hour with the wet & dry paper in the evening.

the00
    Free Member

Unite have some nice prices at the moment. I ordered some new cranks and a chain device. I was tempted by their nice looking pedals too.

TheGingerOne

https://www.garbaruk.com/shop/product/garbaruk-xc-crankset.html

Garbaruk are now doing a crankset too which should be available via Cyclorise at some point.

reeksy

I can’t see past XTR for top-end cranks.

-1 i just killed a set.

Got another really cheap set second hand, but kind of wish i’d stumped up the extra for some Middleburn.

reeksy

The middleburn cranks i have are lovely. Fit and removal is easy. I like cranks that tighten to a positve stop a d dont rely on pinch bolts.

@tjagain
    do you have to use their DM chainrings or are there others that fit? I can’t tell from looking at them.

Viewing 9 posts - 81 through 89 (of 89 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.