Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Nice, boutiquey hotels in London (London Bridge Station area or nearby)
  • yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Working down in London a lot. The office is at Butlers Wharf, very close to Tower Bridge. I normally get a train to Kings Cross then the tube to London Bridge and walk to the office.

Generally been staying at the Premier Inn on Tower Bridge road. It’s nice enough, but about £180-200 a night. I’m thinking I could get something nicer – I normally like to chill in the room on the first night as I’m knackered from a 5am start for the train.

If it was really close to either London Bridge station or Butlers Wharf areas then I could check in and drop my bag off which would be handy.

Anything around at a similar (or less!) price range?

Tiboy

I liked the citizenM right above the tube station. Small rooms but well thought through and nice spaces in hotel

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

That does look better than the Premier Inn. And I can get a direct tube to Tower Hill from Kings Cross then walk to work over the bridge….

ajaj
    Free Member

We normally put people up at Think Apartments. £600/week and you get a one bed flat with bathroom and kitchen.

The citizenM is quite nice, has good views over the Tower. The lower floors are busy but you can find quiet spaces on the upper floors.

poolman
    Free Member

I would take a serviced apartment for that money, kitchen for cooking wins hands down. I stay in a few prem inns but find them soul less, you could be anywhere. For london i stay further out where there is a pool and gardens, i know its a treck in but I don’t have to go in every day.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I would take a serviced apartment for that money, kitchen for cooking wins hands down. I stay in a few prem inns but find them soul less, you could be anywhere. For london i stay further out where there is a pool and gardens, i know its a treck in but I don’t have to go in every day.

Yep. For example, have a look at Dolphin Square. Nice serviced appartments, excellent gym and pool, and surrounded by excellent pubs and restaurants. Easy tube (change at Stockwell) or a relaxed bimble along the river on a bike.

twistedpencil

I was involved with that citizenM at Tower Hill. It looks amazing, lots of fun proving that could be built over the tube line :-).

There’s one on the south side of the river as well, Lavington Street IIRC, a few minutes walk from Tate Modern.

Still not managed to stay in one yet!

DrJ

Stayed in the CitizenM a short walk from Schiphol Airport in Amsterdam and very impressed, so interested to hear that the London ones are also good.

splorer

Have stayed in the Citizen M on Lavington St (and Schipol), short walk to London Bridge station, bar is nice and food is good.

MTB-Idle
    Free Member

after a particularly riotous work Christmas party I ended up at the hostel at the George Inn in Southwark, not bad for £18 even if i was in a dorm with five other randoms.

But i don’t think that’s what you want. I’ve also stayed at the Guoman Tower Hotel, that was more like the kind of thing you want.

njee20
    Free Member

The Tower Guoman is a bit tired, but has nice views of Tower Bridge.

I’d sooner stay in the Citizen M, I work next door to the Lavington Street one and it’s nice.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Nice, boutiquey hotels in London (London Bridge Station area or nearby)’ is closed to new replies.