Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Nice areas in Nottingham
  • SBrock
    Free Member

Currently live in Lincoln, but need to move to Nottingham as I have a job M42 way.

Looking for areas near the A52 ring road not too far from the city centre – anybody recommend some nice areas to rent a nice house? Any areas to avoid?

joshlh
    Free Member

West Bridgford is a really nice area (where I live :)) with good links to the city and it’s own little load of shops and bars/pubs. If you’re into ale you can’t beat the Stratford Haven! Beeston is not bad, avoid St Annes and the Meadows 🙂 I’m sure there are plenty of decent areas but these are the ones I’m aware of.

Look on right-move for an idea of house prices.

Cheers and good luck…..

freddyg
    Free Member

To be on the M42 side of Nottingham, you’re choices are either Wollaton or Beeston. West Bridgford is nice but a pain to get to the M1/M42.

Do you need to consider schools etc?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    jfletch
    Free Member

And what is you budget?

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

St Ann’s.

finbar
    Free Member

Some lovely streets of houses next to Wollaton Park.

SBrock
    Free Member

No schools to consider as my daughter lives in Lincoln with her mother.

I will be travelling early hours of the morning (530ish) so traffic should not be too bad

I was thinking West Bridgford, handy to walk in to city centre

Budget is £600 rent a nice 2 bed terrace

SBrock
    Free Member

The STW massive has come up trumps again…..thanks guys

lodious
    Free Member

I guess your probably looking at West Bridgford, Keyworth in nice, but a bit further out (possibly better for your commute as you can miss the A453 widening work). Ruddington is OK, but a bit close to Clifton (not nice IME).

MoreCashThanDash

C’mon, we all know that the nice part of Nottingham is Derbyshire……

joshlh
    Free Member

Try something like this: http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-to-rent/property-27495951.html

Nice street, minutes from bridgford centre….I just used to live on the next road.

simon1975

Beer’s too cold in Stratford Haven, try the Trent Navigation instead 😉

But if you want to be closer to the city there are often really nice places to rent in The Park estate. If you want cheap try Lenton, Sherwood or Sneinton (but avoid St Annes and Meadows).

joshlh
    Free Member

Aye, yes, the Trent Nav is a fine establishment 🙂

davetrave
    Free Member

On the other hand, Beeston’s handy for the A52/M1, tram (ha…!) shortly for a quick whizz in to the city, Attenborough Nature Reserve close by for running/walking/riding down by the river and there’s also The Vic for fine ales and whiskies…

longstuff
    Free Member

Forget the Vic, your not allowed to smile in there (great beers though).

http://www.crowninnbeeston.co.uk is great

vdubber67
    Free Member

West Bridgford, Ruddington, Keyworth, Bunny, Bradmore, Gotham, Plumtree are all options.

W. Bridgford is poshest 🙂

davetrave
    Free Member

You don’t go in the Vic to smile, you go in the Vic to drink that great beer… 😉

Plus the Vic serves Everard’s Tiger, to which I am very partial, my father-in-law having been their Sales Director…

woody21
    Free Member

Long Eaton? Apparently the nicest town in Nottinghamshire is actually in Derbyshire

http://www.thisisnottingham.co.uk/Long-Eaton-tops-online-poll-places-live-agree/story-18449728-detail/story.html#axzz2ZmvwdCle

Mr_C
    Free Member

Moth Eaton the nicest town in Notinghamshire(/Derbyshire) – that’s got to be some sort of internet vote rigging.

mattzzzzzz
    Free Member

Dont rule out Chilwell/Toton/Attenborough as links to M1 are goid
    Long Eaton ???? WTF!!! Its a shithole

lodious
    Free Member

Long Eaton ???? WTF!!! Its a shithole

I must admit, It’s been a while since I’ve been there, but I have to agree.

longstuff
    Free Member

Im sure i saw Everard’s Tiger on at the Crown on Friday, Saturday and Sunday afternoon (our drinking club has a cycling problem)
    Plus they have Blue Monkey on for the win!

MoreCashThanDash

Long Eaton – jeez, I have never worked in a town with so many hostels and supported accommodation HMOs.

sprocker
    Free Member

Breaston next to the m1 so good for peak and m42 plus leisure lakes is your lbs. I ride from home to do routes round amber gate etc good schools to. Long eaton nicest town in Nottingham does not say much about the rest of the city

ChrisA
    Free Member

We live in Mapperley, been here a few years and prior to that Woodborough & Woodthorpe. It’s really handy for good pubs & local amenities. It’s a bitch to get over the city to the m42 after 7:30am though. I do it most days and go early to miss the traffic.

West bridgeford is nice enough. Few good pubs & restaurants. At least to get out to the motorway it’s easy, but they are just redoing the A453 and its 40mph with average speed cameras on it for the moment.

The park is nice too if you want central town. Wollaton is overrated in my humble opinion.

We’ve just about settled on selling again & moving out towards Epperstone / Hoveringham way in the near future, there are lots of nice villages around between Newark & Nottingham with good transport links if your not fussed about living in the city.

haydenw
    Free Member

Wilford next to the river. 15 min walk to town, good access to the motorway and great road riding in South Notts/North Leics/Vale of Belvoir on the doorstep.

SBrock
    Free Member

thanks peeps got a few viewings booked for this week

SBrock
    Free Member

thanks peeps got a few viewings booked for this week

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Nice areas in Nottingham’ is closed to new replies.