Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • NHS T-Shirt Company – Piston Broke
  • chromepete
    Free Member

Hello there,

This is wordy but there’s a TL;DR at the bottom for the ADHD among us…..

I’m pretty sure that most of us have had an experience or two with the NHS due to biking. I for one think the people on the ground are amazing. Having been stitched up from BPW the hospital there were amazing, I saw a broken collar bone coming out as I went in and they had smiles on their faces presumably from the great treatment they had just received.

I’ve had this idea buzzing around in my head for a while about doing a clothing company who would give all their profits to the NHS. The only money not donated would be the cost of ink and the shirt and postage.

It would be based on the old joke “Piston Broke” and would feature art based around the fact that sometimes we push a little too hard and we need rescuing. I know there’s Broken Riders and Loose Riders and Can’t Quit Cartel (I have shirts and stickers from all of them) but this one would be to give something back to the NHS as we perhaps have more than our fair share of nurse time.

My problem is that I don’t know how to draw, create t-shirts or market such an idea, but what I do have is time (I’m a stay at home Dad) and bags of enthusiasm.

Would anyone be up for helping make such a company? I am based in Bognor Regis for my sins, but most of the work can be sent over t’internet so we can be some kind of collective from anywhere.

TL;DR Would anyone be up for making Piston Broke a clothing company that puts all of it’s profits into the NHS?

andybrad

name already used afaik ?

duncancallum

The names been used.

You could use an acronym?

Need Hospital Sharpish or similar.

How would you fund it back? Via a nursing charity or would you pick an A+E and sponsor them for X months?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    DezB
    Free Member

Nice idea. I don’t have the same experience of Merthyr A&E, but that’s by the by!

AlexSimon must have some idea about t-shirt printing, maybe send him a PM?
    his thread

bruneep

but what I do have is time (I’m a stay at home Dad) and bags of enthusiasm

null

You are Kevin and you can donate my £5 to your local NHS

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Of course all hospitals do have Charitable funds that you can pay directly in to.

If I’m honest I can’t see that you would sell many shirts, and would you be doing all this in your ‘free’ time?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘NHS T-Shirt Company – Piston Broke’ is closed to new replies.