Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • NHS COVID App – apparently I should be isolating…for 3hrs!
  • FunkyDunc
    Free Member

…. until midnight

No previous notifications or warnings just popped up for the first time at 9pm

Can you check where the link was created, or is it the app going wrong ?

Poopscoop

Unfortunately…. You know what to do.😕

Good luck fella.👍

Philby

I got a 5 day one last Thursday which was 6 days after I finished a 7 day self-isolation prior to a hospital procedure. Only went out twice in the week and the only time my phone was close to somebody for more than a minute was with the team doing the procedure at the hospital. Having to self-isolate for a day seems utterly pointless.

Poopscoop

Ok, I missed that date!

Hmmm… Best wait till someone with some better info than me comes along.

Have you had the app running in the background all the time?

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

No outdoor cyclotherapy for you tonight!

What the flipperty flip has happened here then to just get a 3 hour isolation? Someone taken a test ~10 days ago, but didn’t enter code until tonight, because they were worried about reduced work pay and the alleged hassle of claiming the £500 from Boris’ magic money tree?

Poopscoop

Interesting to see if we get to the bottom of this. Most odd.

Drac

Can you check where the link was created, or is it the app going wrong ?

As discussed on another thread it could be the person didn’t bother getting a test until day 7 the test took a day to come back and they then waited before entering on their app. It entirely relies on the infected person reporting they are positive.

MoreCashThanDash

Someone taken a test ~10 days ago, but didn’t enter code until tonight, because they were worried about reduced work pay and the alleged hassle of claiming the £500 from Boris’ magic money tree?

Or was feeling really poorly and has only just been able to do it perhaps.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

True.

Or maybe they lost their mobile, or they left the mobile at home while going on holiday, or some other explanation.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

The only place it could have been was last Sunday I went for my Vaccine (not on a hospital site)

I had been at the same vaccine site (I’m involved in rolling out the vaccine programme) a number of times in the weeks previous, but not within 14 days. I imagine vaccination centres will be a hot bed for COVID

I have had a cough since last weekend though, did a lateral flow test on Tuesday that was negative.

Drac

I have had a cough since last weekend though, did a lateral flow test on Tuesday that was negative

LFTs aren’t as accurate as PCR tests if you’re symptomatic get a PCR test.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Even if you get a negative test result from either type, if you have any of the main three symptoms (continuous cough, hot torso to the touch, change of taste/smell), you are supposed to isolate regardless…

Unless guidence has changed.

Last change I’m aware of is you can “buy” your way out of isolation after five days, by paying for a test. If it comes back negative and you don’t have any of the three main symptoms, you can stop isolating.

benpinnick

yeah but can you claim £500 for the hardship its going to cause?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘NHS COVID App – apparently I should be isolating…for 3hrs!’ is closed to new replies.