Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • NFL fans ….. Wildcard Weekend
  • Ro5ey
    Free Member

So NFL fans we’re into the playoffs.

Fancy a little game and general discussion/banter ?

Pick the winning teams from this weekend’s 4 games. You score 3 points for a correct pick…. we do the same for the 4 Divisional games next weekend… then up the points to 6 per win for the Conference games and then you’ll get 10 points for picking the Superbowl winnner

Winner get bragging rights.

The games this week (for those who dont really follow but might wanna play) are

Miami @ Pittsburgh (brrrrrrr)
    Raiders @ Texans
    Lions @ Seattle
    and Giants @ Green Bay (double Brrrrrr)

Ro5ey
    Free Member

I’ll go first …

My teams to win are ….

Pittsburgh

Texans

Seattle

GB

Pigface
    Free Member

NFC is interesting, AFC is all about who ends up playing the Patriots.

Anyone but the Raiders.

jimster01

I can see the Raiders and the Lions doing it.

Agree with the other two predictions tho.

Pigface
    Free Member

Raiders lost the QB think they will struggle

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

We (Steelers) should beat the phins at home, they are without their starting qb and our stars bell, brown, ben are well rested. Phins will look to run it on us, as we have a weekend D’line.

Phins 17 Steelers 27

Raiders @ Texans

The Carr less Raiduuuurs will struggle.

Riaders 13 Texans 24

Lions @ Seattle

Seattle are a shadow of their team a few years back, but are eking out wins, the Lions are better than in years, this should be close with the Lions finally getting over the hump.

Lions 21 Seattle 17

and Giants @ Green Bay (double Brrrrrr)

the conditions win it

g-men 17 Packers 23

medders
    Free Member

Good call. Some tasty games coming this weekend. Shame about the Oakland QB crisis. Anyway my picks:-

Miami

Texans

Seattle

NYG (as a GB fan – probs close game – shame it is late on sunday evening)

fatboyslo
    Free Member

Steelers should be too strong at home for the Dolphins
    Likewise for the Texans
    Lions at Seahawks is an interesting 1 and depends very much on which seahawks turn up, if early season then they get it but if not then the Lions could easily do it.
    Only 1 winner at Lambeau though

GO PACK GO ! … all the way

BillOddie

Jay Ajayi gashed the Steelers for over 200 yds earlier in the season. If Miami can repeat that type of rushing performance and Matt Moore doesn’t throw the ball to people in black jerseys, they could beat the Steelers. I don’t think they will though! Steelers have 3 great weapons on O in Big Ben, Leveon and Brown, they’ll put 30pts on Miami. Miami can’t score 30 the Steelers. Steelers win.

Raiders @ Texans
    Flip a coin, low scoring D dominated game, won on the last kick of the game by…:flips coin: The Raiders!

Lions @ Seattle
    Seattle’s D is toothless without Earl Thomas. Seattle’s O Line is bordering laughable. Stafford will have a good day dodgy finger included. Lions will win by 14 points.

Giants @ Green Bay (double Brrrrrr)
    Best game of the weekend I reckon. NYG’s D is NASTY, but Rodgers is looking rediculous. GB by 7.

gobuchul
    Free Member

Texans have lost their QB now as well.

Hope they can do better than last seasons play off farce.

rOcKeTdOg

steelers
    texans
    lions
    packers

rOcKeTdOg

one game down

ronjeremy
    Free Member

Just seen this thread and can I add they were two interesting games..

Raiders looked shambolic, gotta feel for the third choice QB, how old is he 12?? He just looked like he was waiting for his mum to come collect him

As for the Seahawks, blimey proper show of what they are capable of when they all fire on gas, albeit with a few lucky moments, with calls going their way

As for tomorrow go ‘Phins!!!

Pigface
    Free Member

Anyone follow college football? Alabama to take Clemson.

Hadge
    Free Member

I’ve been a life long Cowboys fan but have still enjoyed this weekends games. I felt sorry for the Raiders as I’m positive with Carr they would have easily beat Houston. Sad end to their season. The Seahawks were a banker in my eyes and Detroit were toothless Lions.
    I think the Steelers will edge Miami and I think the Packers will beat the Giants. I’d actually prefer us play the Packers as the Giants beat us twice although I suppose revenge would be sweet. I’d love think we will go all the way but it’s going be close and I do think the Patriots are still the overall favourites. But, come on you Cowboys!

rOcKeTdOg

Well it’s all gone tits up at Heinz field then

Hadge
    Free Member

Miami has no answer to the Steelers running game.

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Shame miami turned it over rather than scored just before half time…. Not much of a game

Hoping NY @ GB lives up to to its billing as the best game this weekend

john_drummer
    Free Member

Go Giants!

fatboyslo
    Free Member

It’s game time

GO PACK GO

jambalaya
    Free Member

Go Giants 🙂

Hadge
    Free Member

How good is Aaron Rodgers! He is a magician. Wow.

john_drummer
    Free Member

Yeah, not looking good for Giants 🙁

rOcKeTdOg

Beckham letting the Giants down

rOcKeTdOg

What a great game that was

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Rogers was brilliant but l wonder how he would have got on if NYs O had kept the ball longer to give its D a rest…. They looked awesome on that 4th & 1 stop.

So yes NY let down by its O for a few reasons.

If l was Dallas l’d look to keep Rodgers off the field next week… Control the line of scrimmage with their great O line and slowly run the ball and manage the clock.

rOcKeTdOg

Pack still on track

Hadge
    Free Member

Gutted we lost last nigh against the Packers but what a game. I never gave up even 18 points down but it was cruel ending it like that. What an amazing catch though to get the yardage for the FG. Another inch or two and he would have been out of bounds and it would have gone to overtime. Never mind and I feel very proud of the team, especially one so young and to go 13 and 3. Next year Boys. Finish The Fight.

fatboyslo
    Free Member

Next stop ATLANTA.

ronjeremy
    Free Member

Right Superbowl time, 2 weeks to go, just booked the monday off.. so predictions and anyone else going to do the up all night thing?

fatboyslo
    Free Member

fatboyslo
    Free Member

Well played Falcons, demolished the pack early and never looked back,

Hope Atlanta carry on and display the same energy against New England
    Fingers crossed for the good game it should be

What uk time is kick off in Houston?
    May also book the Monday

fatboyslo
    Free Member

Oops double post …… sorry

ronjeremy
    Free Member

Kick off is due at 23.30GMT on the Sunday evening so should be done by about 3.30 I would guess, so no way I fancy a 6.45 alarm the next day, so day off for me it is

fatboyslo
    Free Member

Thanks Ron,

Same here re alarm so I think it’ll be a day off for me as well

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘NFL fans ….. Wildcard Weekend’ is closed to new replies.