• This topic has 31 replies, 22 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by kelvin.
Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • NFD Ti/HT OMG!
  • reeksy

Following on from the “money no object hardtail” and “one bike to rule them all” type threads, I couldn’t resist 1/3rd of original price on this. Money, after all, is an object. That means the build is progressing with parts all in stock. The internal routing has been a royal PITA and i’m now needing a longer brake hose and a way of getting the rebound to work on my X-Fusion Trace 36 (no idea what’s going on there). But, I’ll take it for a test ride tomorrow hopefully with a different fork and an externally routed rear brake.

RAD bike company Ti/HT

RAD bike company Ti/HT

RAD bike company Ti/HT

RAD bike company Ti/HT

RAD bike company Ti/HT

filks

That looks veeeerrrrrry nice! Can’t wait to see the full build……

matt_outandabout

Oooh, hello there.

Stiggy

Yup that looks gorgeous!

P20

Looks great

davros

Nice! More pics of the full build please.

fazzini

Need to sort those weeds out 😉

Oh, nice frame too 😁

chakaping
    Free Member

Oh my, that is quite the looker.

TiRed

No kinked tubes. I’m out.

tootallpaul

What brand is that? Link please…

hooli

That is a thing of beauty.

superstu
    Free Member

This looks absolutely mint. Get it built!

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

That is quite pretty! I should have feedback on the magura with off brand hose over the weekend. That said – what length of hose do you need? Mine is coming off a small-by-most-modern-standards XL 29er fs so the genuine one I’m replacing might be long enough, if it is you’re welcome to it for a donation to a food bank or homeless shelter or the like.

Northwind

That is absolutely stunning… Never quite got over the fact that 2 of my 3 ti bikes I’ve had were bloody ugly! And the third was cracked.

reeksy

It’s a Rad Bike Co. frame. I’ve put the specs on geometry geeks

https://geometrygeeks.bike/bike/rad-bike-company-tiht-2022/

just saw a typo in my original post- it was 1/3 off original, not 1/3 of

I got up at 4.30 to give it a 20km singletrack shakedown with a Mattoc fork and the brake hose outside the frame. Didn’t get time to fit new tyres.

Frame is about 2.2kg, much lighter than my Switch9er.

Got a brake hose from my 1 man LBS so will fit soon.

photo is rubbish…

And the gardener has been reprimanded

kayak23

Very nice. Tried to have a look on their site but led to nothing.

All I could find was this on Vital.

reeksy

Too niche for a website I think… Insta seems to be the place.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CilT2mFhco2/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

matt_outandabout

I see you’ve correctly applied the “where the heck do tyre logo’s go when the valve is at 90* to the rim stickers” solution.

They does look a very classy bike. 👌

the_lecht_rocks

Very nice…congrats

zerocool

That is a very very pretty bike (loving that it doesn’t have a horrible seat tube brace like many bikes). But I wish hardtails didn’t all seem to have kinks/bends in the bottom of the seat tube. Mine has one and to be honest I’d rather have my seat tube a tad steeper so I can fit my 200mm dropper in an ST that’s 425mm.

Lovely bike. I have admired the Rad bikes for a while but out of my price range at the mo

the-muffin-man

Looks very nice – certainly my sort of thing (if I still rode!).

As they’ve still got little web or media presence I’d be changing the company name though. Rad Bikes brings up all sorts of random tat on Google.

reeksy

Mine has one and to be honest I’d rather have my seat tube a tad steeper so I can fit my 200mm dropper in an ST that’s 425mm

@zerocool
    I’m running a 180 Oneup in this at the moment, but it should fit up to 210.

The sale made it just in my price range 🙂

Agreed the name isn’t my cup of tea, but not too bothered. My kids pointed out the logo on the headtube is almost exactly the same as Audiotechnica’s logo.

reeksy

Finally got it all set up properly. It’s nicer with the 36mm fork.

Rad

Nice PR on a 2km singletrack yesterday too, without really pushing it.

zerocool

@Reeksy – that wasn’t meant to be taken as a slight against this beautiful bike, just a bugbear of mine with all bikes (full suspension bikes are even worse. Lol), I guess I just like long droppers and short seat tubes. My Brand X 200m dropper is probably about 10mm too long for me and the bike because of a pointless (IMHO) bend at the bottom of the ST. I can just about manage with it but have planned to swap to shorter cranks (am liking the loo of the 155mm Hope cranks, but 160-165 would probably suffice.

PS – still loving the shiny sexiness of your bike.

reeksy

Absolutely no offence taken!

I get your point, I love having the dropper slammed. I do actually have a new 200mm and a used 200mm  30.9mm that I could put in with a spacer but couldn’t be arsed to drive to my shed to get the spacer. A bit pathetic I know.

oldnick

My kids pointed out the logo on the headtube is almost exactly the same as Audiotechnica’s logo.

Thanks, I was wondering where I “knew” it from 🙂

Edit: The next Whyte Bikes vs Rich Energy fiasco?

funkmasterp

That’s a lovely looking bike.

fazzini

And the gardener has been reprimanded

😂😂😂

sirromj

Very nice bike.

Agree about kinks in seat tubes though, frustrating that you can’t drop a dropper as far down as what the frame looks like it should allow.

kelvin

Not a fan of kinked seattubes on hardails either, but look how low that saddle is already! Looks good to go. Need any lower and you probably need a smaller back wheel as well.

Lovely looking bike by the way.

zerocool

My brother had a Norco Sasquatch years ago and although it had a straight seat tube (pre-dropper posts), 2/3s down it tapered to the BB which was annoying as hell when you really needed a long post as the ST was quite short.

kelvin

Luckily, dropper posts (and special credit must go to OneUp here, for prioritising the ratio of drop to insertion length) mean all that straight constant internal diam tube right down the the BB stuff is nowhere near as important as it once was. I still prefer the look of a bike without a kink though (and find it easier to understand where a raised saddle will end up for me by looking rather than setting up and riding).

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.