Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Neyoo running shooes – good service content
  • Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Do a lot of trail running and wanted some lightweight allround shoes (got bulkyish Asics Trail Sensors, Inov8 Mudclaws for extreme stuff and road shoes) for racing.

Got the Inov8 Roclite 295s and assumed they'd fit because the Mudclaws are fine – but nope. A much more "solid" toe box meant my right toe was at the end of the shoe (never happened before) but I persisted. Each run was killing my calves (my mudclaws did the same but I soon got used to them) but being a stubborn git, I carried on. Eventually realised that the right shoe issue was simply not going to go away – £80 down the drain.

Contacted Wiggle (where I bought them) and they agreed to have a look – it really seemed like the right shoe was a size smaller.

Full refund and postage refunded too – AMAZING!

Found out my local Cotsworld Outdoors did Inov8s so thought it was time to try them on properly – still felt a bit dodgy even a size up so tried the Saloman Speedcross 2s – similar lightweight trail shoe but with more padding. So bought them. Very good service again – the chap really knew his stuff without needing to patronise!

Anyway a bit of a ramble but the purpose of the thread is:

1) Beware shoe buying on the internerd unless you've tried them on.
    2) Wiggle are pretty amazing – I'd used the Inov8s at least 10 times. Kept them super clean but still used. Amazed they took them back! Good on you Wiggle!
    3) Inov8s are generally good but brutal on your legs. Beware – I reckon I was doing damage to my legs.
    4) The Salomons look far cooler 😉

nickc

Inov8s are overkill mostly I think. Have to admit I don't do a lot of off road running when the weather's poor, but I don't use different trainers for road running and off road running. This time of year, it makes no sense.

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Well it's flipping wet down here!

I use my Mudclaws when it's REALLY wet – you can take off camber deep mud filed corners at near full pace in them and they are light too.

Wouldn't trust my road shoes (Kayanos) off road – they'd skid all over the place.

Testing the Salomon's in a minute in very wet conditions.

PenrodPooch
    Free Member

I've been running offroad a fair bit in my flyrock and I think I can put the recent damage to my soleus down to doing too much too soon in them. I tried on several models in the shop and it was immediatley apparent that the fit was model dependant

Gone back to my nice cushioned Asics gel 1150s for a bit of road time now though.

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Very impressed – comfy, no calf aching, grippy, light.

If you want "full on" trail running shoes, get these.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Neyoo running shooes – good service content’ is closed to new replies.