Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Nexus7 issues with auto-capitalisation
  • Shackleton

afternoon all,

as you can see i can’t write in capitals on my new nexus 7. the box is checked for auto in settings and it works fine in Google docs and my email but not in this box or kingsoft office. basically it doesn’t capitalize after a period or ‘i’. and to make matters worse i just noticed it auto capitalized Google! aaaaargh!

i’m liking the nexus but it is about to go out of the window.

does anybody have any suggestions?

much obliged,

p

kayak23

I had this issue with my nexus, periodically with my HTC phone. Sorry to say I don’t have an answer but I DO feel your pain. Usually I get round it by switching between keyboard apps, and then back again when that one inevitably seems to have issues.

I swear there is always some incredibly annoying first- world problem with one of my devices. I like to use swype keyboard. Its my keyboard of choice, but whenever I put it on my nexus 7 it seems unable to put a space between words, despite that particular box being ticked.

Technology – Great in the most part, but slowly drives you mental…

*An Apple fanboi will be along shortly to advise you that ‘Apple….. It just works…’. 👿

Good luck, try rebooting it maybe. Try another keyboard app.

maxtorque

Find the “All work for the good of the people” checkbox under the “Political Leaning – Preferred World order – Communism” menu, and check it…………

Shackleton

kayak – thanks for the solidarity! nicer to know i’m not alone.
    maxtorque – not terribly helpful but it did make me smile.
    although i have to admit i’d rather live under true communism than dictatorial autocratic rule. 🙂

colournoise

What browser are you using? On my Nexus, dialogue boxes in Chrome will auto-capitalise but those in Opera won’t.

clubber
    Free Member

Same issue in opera sometimes for me. I use the “gingerbread keyboard ” app though.

Shackleton

i’m using Firefox and it does the same with the stock key board, jelly bean keyboard, swype and swift key flow beta. both of the latter two have other issues too on top of this.

I’ll try chrome and see what happens. won’t solve the kingsoft problem though.

cheers
    p

Shackleton

Just written this entry from chrome. Hmm. Seems to be application dependant.

Oh well.

Shackleton

Edit – seems more prone to double posting though 😉

patriotpro
    Free Member

How about using the shift key?

officialtob
    Free Member

[unhelpful advice] Get an iPhone. Apple……it just works…. [/unhelpful advice]

😉

clubber
    Free Member

mine didn’t 😉

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Nexus7 issues with auto-capitalisation’ is closed to new replies.