Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Nexus 5x Bootloop
  • Freester

So. My 5x developed the dreaded bootloop issue at 18 months old.

Returned to LG under the 2 year warranty. Returned quicker than a quick thing with a rejection letter say ‘severe water ingress’ so warranty null and void.

But the truth is I’ve never got the damn thing wet. How could this have happened?

The only thing I can think of is the phone does get popped in my back jersey pocket when out on my roadie. Quite a hot sweaty environment I must imagine and I’m guessing the cause of the issue? Rapid transitions from hot / humid to cold in the winter and vice versa?

Yes yes I’ll be moaning to the MD / Social Media etc but if I get a replacement (or have to cough up for a new phone) how do I prevent this again? Any one else had similar problems?

wiggles
    Free Member

I had a bootloop on mine at only a few months old and had to send it back they had to replace the motherboard (or whatever the phone equivalent is) and appears to a be a common issue when I searched for a fix…

The water ingress is usually measured by a sticker inside the phone that changes colour when exposed to moisture

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Yup, mine boot looped after less than a year, fortunately it got lost in the system when it was sent off for inspection and I got a Pixel at a very reduced cost as compensation.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Nexus 5x Bootloop’ is closed to new replies.