Next Years Family Holiday, adventure needed

Home Forum Chat Forum Next Years Family Holiday, adventure needed

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Next Years Family Holiday, adventure needed
  • Edukator

An alpine resort with rafting, via ferrata, MTB, adventure in the trees (or whatever you call swinging from tree to tree in English), a swimming pool, peaks to climb (or wander up). The southern French Alps around Briançon have better weather than the northern Alps if you’re used to Spanish/Italian weather.

Premier Icon franksinatra
    Subscriber

Nice thinking. I am also looking at the Ardeche.

Subscriber

So the past few years we have hired nice villas in the hills for two weeks each summer. Really lucky to have been able to do this and have enjoyed the space, the pool and just relaxing. We don’t really like resorts so have headed to villages or small towns, mainly near Ronda in Spain and, this year, Orvieto in Italy.

The kids are now getting older and I want them to enjoy more activities / adventures. Mark Warner type holidays look good (but quite spendy)and I love the idea of them learning to sail or dive but I don’t really want o stay on a resort.

Has anyone got any ideas for activity type holidays where you can stay in a place of your own without the dreaded all inclusive wristband but easily access activities and adventures for the kids? They will be 8, 10 & 12 next summer.

I am aware that this is the most middle class, first world post I am ever likely to write.

Thanks!

Subscriber

Any other thoughts?

Premier Icon geoffj
    Subscriber

Aviemore
    Learn to sail on loch morlich
    Sign them up for classes at glenmore lodge
    😉

Premier Icon nickjb
    Subscriber

Morzine! Loads of places to stay. You can pick up a good sized ski chalet pretty cheaply in summer. Plenty for kids to do all day plus epic riding. It might rain though.

hammerite

Saalbach. Stay in certain accommodation to receive a Joker Card for the whole family which gives unlimited lift access (with bikes), free use of pool, mini golf. Loads of things to do on the mountains, slack lining, kids adventure trails, hikes etc… Lots of other things to do in the valley too.

mogrim

Lots of surf schools in northern Spain, mountains (Picos de Europa) close by with canoeing, canyoning, etc. If you book a “casa rural” slightly inland the prices won’t be too bad, either.

Subscriber

Aviemore
    Learn to sail on loch morlich

I would love to but I am married and would reluctantly say that I intend to stay married.

Mrs S needs sunshine and heat on holiday otherwise she gets even more grumpy than normal

Premier Icon BlobOnAStick
    Subscriber

Me and mine went to Croatia last year with Huck Finn adventure holidays – we did the multi-sport break and it couldn’t have been more perfect for us. The company even re-arranged the accommodation a couple of weeks out so that 3 families would be located in the same village. Highly recommended!

wobbliscott

Sailing floatilla around the Greek islands?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.