• This topic has 15 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by 5lab.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • NEWS: Specialized drop FSR on new Epic
  • Mark
    hols2
    Free Member

I’m not sure it’s the first single pivot bike they’ve sold. I think that fifteen years or so back they used to sell cheap entry level single pivot bikes.

Poopscoop

I see they are relying on flex in the chain/seat stays to “mimic” the FSR.

Surely can’t flex anywhere close to the amount of a real pivot?

So will ride like a single pivot in reality?

Not necessarily a bad thing by the way, just an observation!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    legend
    Free Member

Surely can’t flex anywhere close to the amount of a real pivot?

You’d be amazed by how little some pivots actually move

Poopscoop

Good point legend. Not thought of it like that.

pahoehoe
    Free Member

Same as kona fuse then? Been blown away by how good the back end of my 2016 hei hei trail dl is.

scotroutes

Same as my Orbea Occam too.

angeldust
    Free Member

Interesting move from Specialized. Seems logical in terms of weight saving.

I’m not sure it’s the first single pivot bike they’ve sold. I think that fifteen years or so back they used to sell cheap entry level single pivot bikes.

Care to back that up with some evidence? They have had plenty of entry level designs over the years, but I don’t remember a single pivot. Could be wrong, but it doesn’t ring a bell.

Poopscoop

hols2 did say he want sure in fairness Angeldust. 😉

hols2
    Free Member
    angeldust
    Free Member

I wasn’t having a pop, just genuinely interested, as I don’t remember a single pivot specialized. Thanks for providing some evidence :-). Looks like a kids bike, or maybe even a fake, did it ever make it over to the UK?

hols2
    Free Member

did it ever make it over to the UK?

I don’t know, I’ve never seen one. I think it was targeting the same market segment as the Giant Warp, i.e. teenagers who wanted something cheap and robust for jumps and DH.

PJM1974
    Free Member

Big Hit Grom. Dirt

kraken2345
    Free Member

I saw a video that helped explain the switch to single pivot. Apparently the pivot was only rotating around 3 degrees so they decided that flex would easily account for this.

kimbers

Care to back that up with some evidence? They have had plenty of entry level designs over the years, but I don’t remember a single pivot. Could be wrong, but it doesn’t ring a bell.

Yeah I remember seeing a fleet of them (big hit SPECs) at a bike park hire place in Norway a few years back, my fsr riding mates back home didn’t believe me

5lab

its not really a single pivot – the rear axle won’t move in an arc around the ‘main’ pivot (due to the flex forcing it out). It’d be interesting to see where in the triangle the flex is (chainstay or seatstay or both)

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘NEWS: Specialized drop FSR on new Epic’ is closed to new replies.